Bronchitis (Harry)

Start from the beginning

"Liam, wake up!" Harry said as he shook him. Suprisingly, Liam woke up faster than expected. "We need to get ready" Harry said. "Yeah, I'm coming" Liam replied.

"Zayn! Get up!" Harry said, "we're late!". They weren't actually late, but this was the quickest way to get Zayn out of bed. Zayn woke up with a start and checked his watch. "Hey, we're not late?". "I know but now you're awake so get up sleepyhead" Harry said, both of them chuckling a little.

After breakfast they had one hour of leisure time before the boys needed to go to the studio for work.

• • •

"Are you feeling okay H? You've been coughing a lot today." Liam enquires as the boys walk into the studio. "Yeah I'm alright. I think I just caught a cold or something" Harry explains once more.

Louis couldn't help but worry. He knew Harry was stubborn and his asthma didn't help at all when he was sick. "Harry, if you need a break then just say so, okay?" Louis said, rubbing Harry's back. "I will" Harry replied with a slight smile.

After the boys' rehearsal, Harry went to lay down on the couch. "Do you need anything Haz?" Niall asked. "No I'm fine, just gonna take a little nap" Harry replied, placing his hand under his head.

A few minutes later the boys were called to do the rehearsal again. "Harry, time to wake up. We need to run through the set again" Zayn said as he nudged him gently.

Harry groans in response. He feels totally drained and would rather have just stayed home. But he eventually goes along and does the best he can at the rehearsal.

• • •

The boys had just finished their concert. It went relatively well, but Harry had some trouble singing and the others had to cover for him. But overall it was a good performance.

Louis noticed Harry holding his hand to his chest as they walked back to the tour bus. "Everything alright Love?" He asked softly, clearly worried. "Yeah, my lungs are a little sore and tight from all the singing" Harry replied.

Louis was surprised that Harry didn't even try to hide how he was feeling, but he knew that meant Harry must really be sick.

When they got to their tour bus, Harry slumped into his bed without even taking his clothes off or pulling the blanket up. He fell asleep faster than light.

"I think I'm gonna go sleep too, it's been a rough day" Liam said as he walked towards the bunks. Zayn and Niall nodded in agreement and followed him. Louis went to make a cup of tea and then headed to the bunks.

By the time Louis returned, all the other boys were already asleep. He carefully removed Harry's clothes, leaving him in just his boxers. Then he tucked him in and kissed his forehead before going to bed himself. He frowned a little at the heat coming off the younger boy's forhead.

Louis didn't have the heart to wake him up so he decided to check Harry's temperature the next day but he knew he definitely got a fever.

• • •

The next morning was awful for Harry. He woke up feeling worse than ever. His chest chest hurt and his lugns felt tight and tighter by every breath he took (talking from personal experience).

He was feeling really cold, so he got up from his bed to put on some warm and comfortable clothes. Even the slightest movement made him short of breath.

He had to go to the bathroom to cough so as not disturb the others, even though they were awake. One cough led after another and it kept going. It was awful (this story is reminding me so much of my hard times dealing with asthma).