I drove up to the front and shot through the window several times and the guard car driving in front started to zigzag before flipping out of the way and crashing with no one left to drive.

I did a loop, avoiding the shots that soon stopped, Lucy shooting the second car's windows from her perch as Falco's car rammed in the side of it, driving it away, I only saw momentarily how Becca pointed her Guts shotgun out the window before I speed up to catch up to Lucy's van who had the top of it open now, a metal flap going flying away.

I swerved behind the van and to its right side, shooting that mirror too, I can't risk flipping it by killing the drivers or blowing the tires, not while she is inside.

<Hurry Lucy!> I said but got no answers.

I avoided the shots by going left again. Shit, come on.

I took a deep breath.

I drove up to the door as Sandy tainted the world blue. 

Reaching out, I grabbed the weapon leaning out of the window and throwing it down behind us.

We can't take much longer then we are taking, we'll need to soon leave before reinforcements come.

I break as the time resumes and the drivers partner shoots out at me.

I speed up again, shooting lower, through the metal door of the van, I heard a scream, with a hurt leg they can still drive and will not crash but with the pain they won't be able to push the pedals that hard to keep the speed up.

-------------------------------------------

<Up and jump!> I pulled my legs on the seat and barely had I stood that I was thrown up on the van.

I landed but instantly shots came my way, forcing me to lay on the roof, pulling another gun out and shooting through the front window even if it was bullet proof, lucky me the next moment Falco rammed the car aside.

The gun clicked several times, having shot out all the bullets, I threw it away.

I pulled the monowire and slashed a square hole through the top, ripping it off and dropping inside.

I ducked a flurry of shots, slashing out with the wire wrapping up the arm and I yanked on it, slicing the arm in many pieces.

I covered the soldier's mouth as the wire wrapped his throat and I yanked, the body falling over without a head, that I dropped a moment later.

I heard many shots but it was downed out, this whole body was isolated so they didn't hear me get in.

I looked around, this whole place was filled with green lights and.... Him.

I watched in shock, I guess part of me didn't believe the info we got but here were parts I was familiar with.

I touched the glass case with David's half blown up head in it but the smile stuck on it, now only just a piece of metal without life.

I looked around, fear gripping me, this was the first time I truly saw what Adam Smasher did too him and I feared Zyber would end up like this.

My eyes stopped on a thin case with Arasaka written on it, all other pieces were morbidly displayed but this was not.

I kneeled down next to it.

I opened it and forgot how to breath, seeing the familiar scratches littering a Sandevistan.

<Hurry Lucy!>

I touched it, not believing it was truly it.

I forced myself to close the carrier, holding it tightly in my hands, staring at it, it was.... It was finally here... In my hands.

I turned to the case with what was left of David in it as I stood up, putting my hand on the glass.

I put my head against it with a sigh.

"Goodbye David." I whispered with a smile. "My dream, our dream.... Is not dead anymore... So goodbye and thank you."

I felt the car shake and slow a bit, time to go.

I pulled out the small round balls of metal Zyber's Ripperdoc gave us, I didn't know what type of bomb it is but if he says they are strong enough to finally put David to rest and Zyber believes it... Well, I'll trust her.

I clicked the buttons on them and dropped them, grabbing the carrier and pulling myself out the top of the van.

<Damn Lucy! What took you so long?> I looked around to finally see Zyber driving in the blind spot of the van, behind it.

<I needed to do something.>

<To the left." She said and I did as asked, taking a step to jump of towards the left as the bike drove up.

I saw the Sandevistan's flash and the bike jerked to the right, letting me land correctly.

I grabbed on and she instantly swerved it left, driving away.

<Falco, we are leaving now.> I told him.

<Got it.> He answered as I looked back towards the van.

I watched before the bombs went off and created a huge ball of fire, the heat was felt to here and the force of the blast shoved on us, making the bike jerk a bit but Zyber fixed it before we fell. That's one hell of a blast.

I looked away and at the back of her head, smiling as I held the carrier to my chest.

"Thank you." I thought, taking a deep breath to not let a tear slip by, smiling as I could finally leave the past behind and move ahead, truly free from the past now.