"I-I don't wanna go back! Please don't make me go back!" I pleaded, the clothes of the man tightly in my hands.

I cried out when I was slapped.

"And have Arasaka's netrunners be the first to discover the pre-Datakrash net's secrets?! We can't let them win you understand?! You teens are all the same lazy bunch!"

I hiccuped, holding my face.

"R-right... I'm sorry..." I whispered, knowing I'd just be hit again if I said another thing.

I couldn't stop them from linking me in if I wanted anyway, they on purpose didn't implant us with the cyberware that would let us control when we link out by out own means and it would be too dangerous to add now that the interface was in place, removing it is required to add the log out cyberware and removing the interface would be a death sentence, hurting the brain.

I looked at my two friends that still were in the chairs with the interface plug still in their head, eyes wide and glued to the ceiling, blood pooling out of their face as they laid there.... Dead.

"Go to your room to think about your mistakes." I didn't need to be asked twice to run.

I kicked in the door and fell on my ass in the middle of the room.

I wanted to cry even more but couldn't.

I stood, wanting to speed walk to my bed but this damned Sandevistan activated and ran me into the wall.

I fell over, holding my face and groaning in pain.

I hate this! I hate this life!

I looked at my new hands, the blood coating my still flesh arms was disgusting and these? They said it was high grade, whatever that means.

---------------------------------

"T-they found out?" I looked at Lucy who looked like she saw a ghost but I didn't ask.

"Yeah, many died too it, I only escaped death by first net AIs because they found out just how good my body can take chrome if given time in between implantation between new pieces, just the thing they payed my parents for."

"That's why Techdisk--" "Still TechDeck." "Whatever!!!" She took a deep breath. "That's why they look for you."

"Yeah, I escaped."

--------------------------------------

I couldn't let them know I master the Sandy and the rest, I only have one chance for this.

I sighed, fear gripping my body as I was logged in, the interface plug not at all carefully jammed in the back of my skull.

But instead of following the others through work, they were brainwashed with promises of helping to better the world, working for the big corpos.

I found these people disgusting, they are doing this to us because some other corpo, Arasaka I think? Just because they did something they are forcing us to live through pain.

I frowned, I'd be like one of these other people if I couldn't take chrome so well and that they didn't want to forge me into a military weapon instead of a pure netrunner.