"Little people know when little people fight. We may be easing pickings, but we got some bite!" he said loudly, grabbing ammunition off the enemies.

A gunshot rang in my ears and I ducked down as it hit the barricade. I realized they would not spare him and stood straight up, leaning toward him.

"Hyacinth get down!" Enjolras yelled out, grabbing my leg. I shook him off as Gavroche walked father away.

"So never kick a dog, because it's just a pup. We'll fight like twenty armies, and we won't give up!"

The second gunshot rang clear and I watched it hit his arm. He stumbled backward a few steps before looking back at me.

"He's just a boy!" I screamed, my eyes locked on Anthony.

"Gavroche come back now!" Grantaire yelled beside me as more people joined us up top. Enjolras stood next to me and held a hand out to Gavroche.

"You've done your duty, Gavroche, now come back to us," he said. Gavroche took a breath and turned away from us, ammunition balanced in his arms.

"So when you better run for cover when the pup goes-"

The last shot.

It hit him square in the chest and he fell back, limp. I screamed, climbing toward him. Enjolras caught my waist and held me against him as Grantaire yelled at the guard. Marius gave angry glares to them as Courfeyrac slid down and picked Gavroche up. He carried him back into the barricade quickly.

"You at the barricades, listen to this. The people of Paris sleep in their beds. You have no chance," a man said, standing taller than the rest. "No chance at all. Why throw your lives away?"

Enjolras held me tighter as I met eyes with Anthony. No doubt he had caught on to us by the look in his eyes. He was rageful and it sent fear through my blood.

"Let us die facing our foes," Enjolras said, slowly letting go of me. He grabbed his gun and held it tightly. "Make them bleed while we can."

"Make them pay through the nose," Grantaire added.

"Make them pay for every man," I said, grabbing onto my own gun. Enjolras glanced at me quickly, his eyes were sadder than I had ever seen them.

"Let others rise to take our place until the earth is free!" he yelled out, raising his gun up. I took a breath and lifted mine up as well. The man who opposed us sighed deeply and looked down at Anthony.

He gave me a look and raised his hand.

"Canons!" he screamed. In a second, they rolled canons out and began to man them. Everyone behind me scrambled to the barricade and held their guns as Marius took charge.

"Right first," he said. We all pointed our guns in the direction and I could feel my heart beating in my entire body. I anticipated the first shot that would set of an unending series of shots.

"Fire!" Enjolras yelled. We all pulled our triggers and took out as many men as we can.

"Second canon," Enjolras commanded as we all shifted our aim. "Fire!"

We were shooting as quickly as we could now, taking out more men from the canons. I steadied myself as I hit a man who had been ready to light a canon. My heart raced as he fell and another stepped up to take his place.

"There's more men under us!" Courfeyrac screamed. I looked away from my target and met eyes with a guard climbing the barricade. I pointed my gun at him. I shot quickly and he fell, another climbing up behind him with an evil look in his eye.