Morbius and the Black Water Mist

The Watcher: Now this is a tragic tale as you might have guessed.

Chronoa: If you remember while Son Venom was on Yardrat, Garlic Jr. used the Black Water Mist to turn Earth's population into blood thirsty monsters.

Watcher: However in this timeline, the mist happens a lot earlier than expected, long before Garlic Jr. attempted to begin his reign and before Venom and Bulma started their mystical adventure together.

Chronoa: And it all started in a lab.

Watcher: You will be surprised how many horrors start in a laboratory.

In the student lab in West City University on Earth DBMM-272...

"Hi, Doctor Michael Morbius? I'm Bulma and I will be your assistant for today." Bulma greeted as she entered the quiet laboratory.

"Hello Bulma, glad to meet you." Morbius said as he used his crutches to make her way towards her. "Are you excited to get started?"

"I sure am." Bulma said, but Morbius could detected the slightest hint of regret in her voice.

"I couldn't help but notice that you sound a bit disappointed. Do you mind telling me what's wrong?" Morbius asked. "Are you still reeling from Doom leaving the university? I heard you two were close."

"That's certainly part of it....I was supposed to go on this mystical adventure to find some items called the Dragon Balls. Built a special radar for myself and everything. However, your friend Dr. Milo encouraged my father Dr. Briefs to send me off as your assistant instead." Said the disappointed Bulma.

"Trust me, if I had legs like yours, I would be spending my summer vacation traveling the world too." Morbius said with a chuckle as he led her to a cylinder glass container that connected the floor to the ceiling. "Alas, science never sleeps. Are you ready to create a miracle?"

"Sure, and how are we supposed to do that?" Bulma asked curiously.

In response, Morbius just smirked and began to tap on the glass. Upon hearing the noise, about thirty something bats shot down from the ceiling, swarming the glass within. Bulma jumped backwards out of fright, with Morbius only bit his lip in delight.

"Bats, the only species of flying mammal. Some believe it to be the next step of human evolution. They have a lot of charactistics the rest of the animal kingdom would jealous of, including us humans." Morbius said with admiration.

"DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!!! I'M A DELICATE FLOWER YOU KNOW!!!" Bulma yelled as she used one hand to punch him in the shoulder repeatedly while she used the other arm to hold him in place so his handicap wouldn't let him fall backwards.

"Delicate flower indeed." Morbius said as he made his way to a console with a complicated set of buttons and switches. "I plan to introduce a chemical that was recently found in a container in the desert. It's never been tested before, but I believe it will help stop people from becoming handicap for the rest of our lives."

"Really? What's the chemical called?" Bulma asked.

"It doesn't have an official name since it was discovered fairly recently, but from what little background I have gathered, it was called the Black Water Mist." Morbius said as he pressed a series of buttons. "Showtime."

A mechanical sound could be heard as black smoke was poured into the glass cylinder, covering the bats in the mist. Once completely covered, the soft ruckus from the bats stopped, reestablishing the silence in the room. However, this silence felt far more sinister for some reason, causing goosebumps to travel up Bulma's and Morbuis' skin.

"Did the bats fall asleep or something?" Bulma asked.

"Impossible, the mist shouldn't ha-" Morbuis tried to say, but was interrupted by a loud simultaneous bang, causing the glass to crack. Then another bang, and another bang, with the mist slowly seeping through after a couple of seconds.