CHAPTER EIGHT

With a taste of your lips, I'm on a ride

You're toxic, I'm slippin' under

With a taste of a poison paradise

I'm addicted to you

Don't you know that you're toxic?

Toxic - Britney Spears

Pierre Gasly -

'Great race Pierre!,' Carlo said on the radio as Pierre just crossed the finish line on Sunday. 'That's P2, congrats!'

'Whooo! Yes, thanks guys!,' Pierre happily shouted as he drove on. As he was now on the straight anyway he tried to scan the grandstand. Cara was somewhere down there, watching him.

'What did Caya do?,' he then asked while going into the corner. He wanted to know what the damage was for the team. Caya had a dramatic qualification on saturday, which meant she had started all the way from P18 today.

'Caya did a fantastic job as well, finishing P10,' Carlo informed him. 'Cool the car please, we'll see you at the garage.'

Pierre couldn't believe it. How had she managed to go from P18 to P10 with that injury?

Once he got out of his car he was hugged by the team and as he took off his helmet he saw Caya passing by as well, her helmet in her hand.

'Cesari!,' Pierre called as he ran after her. 'P10?!'

'Yeah, if I'd had another lap I would have gotten P9,' Caya turned around, her hazel eyes filled with tears but she seemed to just ignore them as she gave him a weak smile.

Pierre's eyes now scanned her injured wrist and he could see it was shaking.

'Have you got another one of those painkillers?,' Caya asked.

'Yeah at the hotel,' Pierre answered. 'I can get you one when we get back.'

'Congrats with your podium by the way,' she then went on. 'I'll meet you back up there next race.'

'Now you've promised it so you have to make it come true,' Pierre smiled and then walked on.

'Pierre, babe!,' as he walked into the garage to leave his helmet and take a cap he was approached by Cara. 'That was so good! So proud of you.'

Pierre smiled as he was greeted with a passionate kiss. It felt a bit weird to kiss her like this in public, especially because his whole team was there, but he couldn't help but also feel a little proud.

'Keep it inside your pants Pierre, come on it's time for the podium!,' one of his mechanics said while patting him on his back.

Caya Cesari -

'Okay, so you might have been right,' Caya had trouble admitting it but she just wanted her best friend back.

Evelina looked up from her homework. Last night Caya had arrived home quite late from the race and today during their classes there wasn't an appropriate moment to start a conversation.

'About what?,' Evelina sighed.

'That Gasly can be a nice guy,' Caya took her chair and rolled it over next to Evelina's.

Evelina looked at her friend, clearly satisfied about being right.

'Can we talk again? And hang out and stuff?,' Caya asked. 'I've missed you.'