"Hell nah." She crunched up her face.

"You said that with no hesitation."

"I'm sorry, but you would be saying your last prayer. I would make sure to buy you some beautiful flowers for your funeral. I would even sing your favorite Patti LaBelle song through my tears."

"Oh my God. You are terrible. How have we been friends for this long?"

"Would you do it?" I hide my face. "Exactly."

"I mean, if he's cute."

"See, that's why you're in the mess you're in now. Thinking with your d*ck and not your head."

"Don't remind me."

"I'm not going to lie to you. I probably wouldn't even do it for my Momma."

"Wow, I'm going to tell her that."

"Go ahead. I asked her that same question a few years ago and you know what she told me?"

"What?"

"She was still young and could have another child. She was not going to sacrifice herself for a child who was dumb enough to get in that situation."

"Y'all need therapy." I shook my head, grabbing a banana.

"Whatever. Why did you ask me that question anyway? You owe somebody money?"

"No, I just had a crazy *ss dream."

"Tell me about it."

"I probably shouldn't."

"Just tell me. I'm guessing I was in it."

"Yeah. Now, don't freak out because it was just a dream."

"Okay."

"Shawn came over and said we could get back together if he could have his own one night stand and he already had someone in mind."

"Who?" I remained quiet and turned my head to the side as I stared her down. I saw the lightbulb click in her head and she looked disgusted.

"I know you f*cking lying. That is absurd. What did you say?"

"I mean, I wanted my man back."

"You are sick."

"I'm just joking. The dream ended there. I would never do that to my bestie."

"I don't know. You've been looking real desperate lately."

"I know. What should I do?"

"Go over to his place today and talk. It's about time."

"You're right."

"Let me go before it gets hot. Do you want to come with us?"

"You see, that wine we drank last night is still messing with my head. I have to check on my upcoming appointments because my phone was blowing up last night when I opened up my bookings. Also, I have to figure out what I'm going to wear to—."