"This body is merely a dummy, intended to rot away if a Dream Trap is somehow planted once more in Shalltear's mind." You assured Ainz, your eternally steady voice contrasting your irritability at the mere mention of A.D.

"Yes. However, you must remember, Y/n..."

"Shalltear is to be brought to a Dream, I am aware. There, I will engage in battle against her using a copy of this current form and all arms at my disposal. At the first sign of a Dream Trap or that spell, I will banish her back to the waking world, where you will finish the battle, assuming she does not first die to my hand." You reiterated the plan that you and Ainz had been forming for as long as you realized the presence of a Dream Trap.

Though not many were willing to say it, Ainz was more than lucky to have you around. Without you and the Dream World, he would be forced to undergo a much more strenuous process, with not nearly as many failsafes as you had now. In short... Ainz's life could be in danger.

  Not that you were in any less danger. You needed your strongest reflexes, and every chance to detect either countermeasure against a Great One.

"Shit... how did it come to this? We moved quietly... we tried to avoid unnecessary fighting." Ainz told you.

"Reflection will not help us here." You told him, approaching the glowing sunlight of the fields that Shalltear resided in.

"Y/n, now isn't the time for—!"

"I know how you feel, Momonga."

"Do you? Because I—"

"I also want nothing more than the complete destruction of whoever did this." You told Ainz, bringing a sense of silence.

"I wish to find them, so that they may beg for mercy. I wish for them to turn to me, to rely on my sympathy for survival, only to allow me to see the hope fading from their eyes as they finally realize that they will be nothing more than a stain on my form when I am finished." You told your comrade, your tone the same as it ever was despite the scorn contained in your words.

"If they are one to feel any regret, I wish for that to be the last thing they feel."

"..." Ainz stood by, maybe in surprise, maybe pondering your statement.

"...Yes. This will not end like this. Not after starting a fight with Ainz Ooal Gown." He gave you a nod, bringing you two to a grim agreement.

With that agreement, you both stepped out of the woods and into the clearing holding the floor guardian Shalltear.

"Do we even know if we can resurrect like we could in Yggdrasil?" Ainz asked, bringing a slow pause to your movement.

"Whether or not we are capable hardly matters." You told him. With a flick of your hands, small barbs jutted from under the nails.

"What does matter is the efficacy of an injection." You told him.

"Y/n..." Ainz looked at the points on your hand, almost concerned.

"That is a drastic change you would be making in one of our floor guardians. It should be our last resort." He informed you.

"It poses the least risk. Would you perhaps instead risk testing total resurrection, only to find the magic to fail on her? Or..." With a jerk of your glassy digit, a drop of red beaded up at the tip of the barb under your fingernail.

"We simply grant an undead floor guardian the abilities of a second undead? She is an NPC, I need only take her life in order to make her a hunter, a process that would dispel her mind control." You informed him. It was a true statement, as while Players would've required a contract, NPC's would not.