Niklaus then went on top of a little "shrine" and sat. Us three, just stood.

"Let it begin! The trial of Rebekah Mikaelson." Niklaus said.

"What a relief. His ego is in check." Rebekah said which made me chuckle and sit down on a little platform.

"Just speak your truth. I'll make certain he behaves himself." Elijah told Rebekah, and then sat beside me.

"You stand accused of your own blood. How do you plead?" Niklaus said. It made him sound stupid to me. I don't know why.

Elijahs eyes then went to Rebekah, waiting for her response. "I plead you to shut up and listen."

"You summoned our Father. You brought him to our home. What possible defense could you have?" Niklaus said, stopping his "judge" act.

"I knew that he was the only thing that you feared and I wanted you to run." Rebekah said.

"Because you hated me." Niklaus assumed.

"Because you were hateful. You denied me the freedom to love." She continued.

"Oh, so that's your defense? You called Mikael, the destroyer, the hunter if vampires because I detained you to pursuing some dull suitors." Niklaus said back to Rebekah.

"You were cruel, and controlling and manipulative."

"I was trying to protect you from imbeciles and leeches not to mention your own poor judgment."

"And what about the one that you loved enough to call friend?" Rebekah said which made Niklaus lost for words for a few seconds.

"Why did you forbid me to love Marcel?" She asked.

"Do not mention his name." Niklaus said then stood up and pointed at Rebekah.

"What has happened to you? I remember the sweet boy, who made me laugh and gave me gifts. Who loved art and music. I wanted to be just like you. How could you have fallen so far?" She said again which made Niklaus silent.

"You say you despise Rebekah for her betrayal, and yet no one has stood by your side for so long, not even I myself. Perhaps it's you that's forgotten. I remember the day that Father caught you whittling little chess pieces with his hunting knife. He beat you so mercilessly and for so long, I actually feared for your life." Elijah explained.

"So you would paint her as a loyal sister out of lust for Marcel. Perhaps that was why you did it. For love. Perhaps I might temper my rage if Rebekah will admit she was a victim of her own idiocy, that her great love Marcel used her to oust this family and to take my city!"

"Marcel did not manipulate me." Rebekah said.

"And yet you can't help but wonder, what if I'm right?" Niklaus said then sat back down.

"We loved each other. It was your refusal to respect that led to your ruin." Rebekah said, teary eyed.

"Then why didn't he chase after you when you flex New Orleans? Oh yes! That's right. He was here stealing what I built!"

"Do you want me to renounce Marcel, to beg for your forgiveness? I won't. Marcel us not at fault. I called Mikael."

"Rebekah you must-" Elijah tried to but in.