Trainer Sakonji Urokodaki (2)

Start from the beginning

Tanjiro was beaming with pride and happiness, he seemed to love praise.

In the afternoon, Nezuko is carrying Tanjiro in the basket and asked around for how to get to Mt. Sagiri. 

"Mt. Sagiri? If you want to go to Mt. Sagiri, you'll have to cross over that mountain, but... The sun's about to set. Are you really heading there with all that luggage? It's dangerous, you know." A woman warned Nezuko when she asked for directions.

"I'll be careful." Nezuko replied.

Nezuko started walking away when the woman shouted, "people have been going missing lately! Try not to lose your way!"

Nezuko turns back to wave at the woman and then continues again.

It's nighttime and Nezuko let Tanjiro out of the basket because he was scratching the insides, itching to be out of that tight space. They walked together, hand in hand, until they found a temple with lights lit up inside.

"Oh. There's a temple over there. There's light leaking through, so someone must live there. Let's check it out!" Nezuko pointed out, and they started running to the temple.

Then Nezuko stops and smells the air, blood is the only thing she smells.

"I smell blood! This mountain patch is pretty rough! Someone must've gotten hurt!" Nezuko exclaimed, dragging Tanjiro with her to the temple. 

Nezuko slides the doors to the temple open quickly.

"Are you alright!? Ahh, what the hell!?" Nezuko screams and drops the empty basket when she sees a demon feasting on humans, devouring their corpses.

"What the hell?!" The demon exclaimed, "this is my turf. If you break into my territory, I'll make you pay!"

'It's a man-eating demon!' Nezuko thought, scared out of her wits.

Tanjiro sees the corpses, and then he starts salivating furiously at the mere sight and smell of them.

"Huh? There's something off about you two. Are you both humans?" The demons asks. 

"Eek!" Nezuko squeaks.

The demon charges at Nezuko, knocking them both down to the bottom of the temple's stairs.

"Ahh!" Nezuko screams.

Then she uses her hatchet to slice his neck open. The demon smirks and laughs.

"Hahaha... a hatchet, huh? Not bad. But a scratch like this... should heal in no time." The demon smirks.

The wound on the demon's neck heals almost immediately, only a small bit of blood on his neck left over.

"See that? The bleeding stopped already." The demon chuckled.

"Ack!" Nezuko squinted, horrified at what she just saw.

Tanjiro is still looking brainlessly at the corpses. Then the demon pounced onto Nezuko, pushing her to the ground.

"Urk!" Nezuko groaned.

'He's so fast! And unbelievably strong!' She thought, trying to push him back.

"You won't get me twice! All right. I'm going to snap your neck!" The demon exclaimed.

"Aghh!" Nezuko groaned in pain, not having enough strength to hold him back any longer.

Tanjiro heard Nezuko's cries, and quickly made action. He ran down the steps of the temple, and head butted the demon's own head off swiftly.