Hidden Intentions.

Mira

Taking Rocco to his apartment was a piece of work. As soon as we entered his apartment, I dragged him to the couch. I plopped myself on the other side, with my hands in my head. Rocco whipped out his phone as his voice bellowed across the room.

"Stephen? Is he home now?"

My mind went to Varsha and the look of contempt on her face towards me.

"And the girl?"

I glanced at Rocco with admiration. How was this man sexually charged one moment than considerate of a woman's safety the next? He was truly a man with many layers that made him so compelling to be around.

I could still feel his teeth imprinted in my skin, as I decided to go and find the bathroom. I walked through the apartment, checking out the sleek black granite kitchen top and the minimalist approach to the interior of his space. I walked to a small corridor where there were a few rooms. I opened one door finding myself in one bedroom. I tried another, finally finding the bathroom. I turned on the light, as the bright white lights stunned my vision.

I walked up to the mirror, sweeping my hair to the side. My eyes were darkened with kohl, and a small purple bruise with a bite mark was branded on my neck. I was heated by the territorial mark, as I traced it gently. Prem's words floated to me, as I decided to do something unexpectedly.

I took my phone out of my pocket, taking a picture of the hickey. I sent it to Prem with the message.

"Btw. Your idea."

He instantly replied.

He sent a shocked emoji with the message.

"Mira, you know what that does to a man's ego?"

I rolled my eyes. Off course. If it involved Prem's ego.

"Are you so blinded by your own ego that you didn't read my message properly?"

"I know what your doing, Mira. But I'm glad you know what your doing. More than jealousy. This picture makes me swell with pride."

I stirred the pot a little more.

"I think Rocco was good at what he was doing."

"As long as it's only an act."

"What if it becomes real?"

"Then the only person who would have a happy ending is the hero. Because falling in love with a gangster equates to an unhappy ending."

His words splashed over me like a bucket of cold water. I recalled what Rocco was saying about his father and enemies. Speaking of enemies. I had the picture of the black van. I wanted to show it to Rocco. However he was way too imbalanced at the moment. I thought of showing it to him once the intoxication wore off. I put my phone away as I headed back to the living room.

Rocco's head was right against the couch facing the ceiling while his eyes were closed. I was relieved taking my place on the opposite furniture. I laid on my back, as the night finally came to an end.

----------
Rocco

My eyes fluttered open, as I rubbed my eyes. The sunlight hit through the large windows, radiating on a young lady before me. Her arm was perched over her forehead, with her long, black tresses sprawled around the sofa. Though what was captivating was her soft, brown stomach that laid bare and glowed under the dandelion yellow light. I literally salivated at my muse, as I realized I was at my apartment.

I got up instantly as my drool dampened the fabric of the couch. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand, as I got up to walk towards the other sofa. I saw her delicious pink lips, and I fell to my knees to observe her more closer. Mira Nayak was again in a new avatar. She stirred in her sleep, as her body turned towards me. Her hand was now tucked under her head, when I noticed a dark purple mark on the right side of her neck. What the fuck?