I cupped Prem's face.

"No one owns my heart, Prem. And the only reason I'm working at The Tuscany Escape is because I'm there for myself."

"For your dark desires?"

"No. But as a hotelier. He's good at what he does."

"Seriously, Mira! How can you even like him?"

"Your hatred for Rocco is incorrigible."

He snorted.

"I'm seriously concerned for you."

"Thanks. But everything is under control."

Prem gave me a look.

"This is valuable information, Mira. But it's only of Ronan's proposal. Where's the recording of the deal between he and Ronan?"

My face went pale.

"That was the deal that I had been trying to stop, Mira. But it's all gone to shit now. The only person we can take down is not the person I want to take down the most."

I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"We can still take him down, Prem. This deal is one of many."

The truth was, I was very much conflicted with my intentions.

"To take Rocco down. We need to take away the armour that protects him. Till he is powerless. Were not just fighting a man. Were dealing with an entire organization that protects him and his family."

He looked at me intensely.

"That's it. How could I have not seen it anytime sooner?"

"Seen what?"

He licked his lips, roaming his eyes around my face.

"Your going to strip him down. Naked. Absolutely naked. I don't want a single piece of armour left on him."

"Are you suggesting what I think you are?"

An evil smirk appeared on his face.

"If there is one person who would bring Rocco Salvatore to his knees. It would be you, Mira."

I chuckled.

"Rocco won't make the mistake of surrending himself to me. He's way too sly for that."

Prem played the recording again, as I listened closely to Rocco's passionate tone. I sighed.

"I don't think Rocco was expecting to behave the way he did."

I knew there was undeniable attraction between us. But the idea of love between us was like walking along a tightrope.

"No Prem. I will make sure I get a proper recording next time."

"Mira.."

Prem put his hand on mine, as he leaned in closer to me. I looked at him with despair.

"Why are you so apprehensive?"

"Because I would rather play with his mind than his heart."

Prem's face dropped.

"Gangsters don't have hearts, Mira."

"But gangsters are human, just like the rest of us."

I recalled the pain in Rocco's eyes.

Prem had enough as he grabbed my arm with force. He placed the bracelet back on my arm.

"Fine. But you can forget about me."