Chapter Eleven

Yuki's POV

"I don't want to tell you this about the future but I need to if I want to save my mom. Gray, listen carefully and don't ever ever mention anything I will say to you to anyone, got it?" I said seriously looking straight into his eyes. I took off my hat and just hold it; it gives me courage because mom is the one who made this for me.

"Okay I promise." He replied

"Three months from now the guild will be disbanded. I can't tell you the reason but everyone will be separated individually."

"Disbanded?! Are you serious?!" Gray said surprised and I knock his stomach (A/N: Some of the things here of Yuki's story are from the manga)

"You're too loud." I whisper yelled

"Sorry okay continue."

"You and Juvia will be training together for half a year but then you are consumed by the marks on your right hand. Then without Juvia knowing, you left her. Juvia waits for you every second of every day. She became a rain woman again, until Natsu-sama and Lucy-sama, with Happy-sama, Carla and Wendy-nee, came to the village where the two of you stay together." I say that Gray gulp and I don't think he can handle any more if this

"To put it short, that was the first time you left her. When Natsu-sama brings back everyone, the guild was restored and Erza-sama became the master of the guild. After some years you married Juvia, my mom and you've bear a child, and that's me. We all live peacefully in our small house but then...you said you are just going for a job...

(Yuki's Flashback)

"Juvia, Yuki, come here, Papa will tell you something." My father carry all his stuff he always bring when he is about to go for a job

"Papa?"

"Gray-sama, what is it?"

"Papa is just going for a yearlong job. It's an S-Class mission. Don't worry I'll be back in a year. Yuki take care of Mama always okay. You're a great mage now and also protect yourself when you go to a job with Tetsuya. Don't fall in love yet okay."

"Papa! I'm not going to fall for that Flame Head!"

"Hahahaha, I know. Juvia, wait for me okay. I promise I will come back for the two of you. This is just a very important job I need to go."

"What request did you take Gray-sama?"

"It's to take down a demon. And as a devil slayer I am the only one capable of doing this. Juvia remember that I always love you and I am not going to break my promise. I am going to return safely and unharmed. I will come back home in a year so please take care of yourself. Always eat and when you're sick just go to Wendy okay? I love you Juvia! I'm going to miss you so much!" Papa hugged Mama tightly

"Juvia will miss you too Gray-sama. Just be careful. I trust you Gray-sama." Mama cried and I came to them. Papa embraces us for the last time and he leave the house for his job.

2 years later~

"Mama let's go back inside! You're soaking wet in the rain! You might catch a cold." I said trying to pull Mama inside the house.

I returned from my job and I found Mama seating on that wooden chair again in front of our house under the rain. It's been a month that she started to be like this. She is waiting for that stupid old man again.

"No, I will wait for Gray-sama to go back. He will be here any minute now."

"Mama...Don't punish yourself like this. He will not come back."

"Don't say those words Yuki! Your father will come back and Juvia will wait for him. Go back inside and leave me alone here!" Mom yelled at me for the first time. I went inside and look at her through the window. It breaks my heart to see her like this.

This is that damn old man's fault! He promise to come back but where is he now?!

A week later~

"Mama! Mama!" Mama collapse outside the on that same spot she always sit under the rain to wait for Papa to come back

I carry her inside and change her clothes. She has a high fever from that rain. She said that the rain is not affecting her because she's a water mage but why now? She collapse and sick. I sponge bath her first and leave a towel on her forehead.

I went out to go to Wendy-nee. I went to her house and she's not there. I went to the guild to find if she's there.

"Please be there Wendy-nee." I went inside the guild soaking wet and find her.

I went up to her at the request board with Romeo-nii. "Wendy-nee! I need your help!" I said and we hurriedly run to my house

"She has a very high fever. How long does she stay under the rain?" Wendy-nee asked trying to use her Healing Magic on Mama

"She always goes outside everyday under the rain for 2 months. I always tried to stop her or even bring her umbrella but she always pushes me away. She is still waiting for Papa." I said and my chest feels heavy all of a sudden

"Gray-san?"

"He went on a mission to slay a demon and he said that he will return in a year but he never came back."

(end of flashback)

"After that Lucy-sama and Natsu-sama went to our house then that was the last time I see my mom breathing. She died waiting for Papa to go back. She still trusts him that he will keep his promise to us even in her last breath." I said and tears just came down from my eyes as I remember my late mother.

"I'm going to change that future and I promise you that I am not going to break this promise." Gray said and takes my shoulder and lean on his chest. I look up to him and cry my tears out on him.

--

To be continued...