Chapter 12 - Surprise

*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°
Chapter 12

~ Miley's POV ~

Depression. Humiliation. That is what I've been feeling ever since we uncovered what that cellphone was holding. Nothing. Just reruns of Tom and Jerry. It's been two days since the incident, and I haven't really gotten out of my bed, only to use the restroom, to see Alex, and of course, to shower. My head's been spinning. Literally. I can't seem to comprehend what happened, nor why did it? Napoleon promised legit information... could he have possibly lied? I wonder what's he doing right now? Probably sitting back, smoking a cigarette, laughing his ass off because he played me. He played me and I went along with it. He played me like a fool and I went along with it.

Did he lie though? Or was there really information in that damn cell phone and Jacques found out I had it and knew the dangers of it. But how could he had possible known? Well, then again he's Jacques. My worst enemy. He has his ways to find out many things, but how? It's not like he's working alone.. he must have someone here, undercover to spy on me... probably someone from the factory, but who?

I've avoided Nick for these past two days, it's been really awkward to talk to him, as far as I've heard he's been doing his job and spending time with Alex, along with Matt and Dayne. I'm glad he's doing his job, and keeping Alex safe, but I don't think I can ever have a normal conversation with him. Well as far as normal as he and I got to.

My mind still wanders to that kiss, three nights ago. Why can't I stop thinking about it, though? I'm pretty sure that it didn't mean shit to me, right? Of course it didn't, I don't know why he would assume that I'd be okay with him wrapping his lips all over mine. I mean, sure it did ignite something in me, something that I wasn't aware that existed in me. Something that left me craving more... Ugh, why can't I stop thinking about! Snap out of it Miley, you're acting like a confused high school girl who's just gotten her first kiss. Don't be delusional. Don't be pathetic!

"Don't be pathetic." I whispered out loud, more like a reminder to myself. A reminder to not fall for his games. To not fall for his charm. To not fall for him. As I said before, I won't allow myself to. Over my dead body will I. Not even then. I, Miley Cyrus will not fall for him. For Nick. Never in my life. And that's a promise I'm willing to keep.

"Mom!" I hear Alex's voice from outside my room, and heavy footsteps coming towards my door. I immediately stood up and wrapped a robe around me. The door swung open, and in came Alex, with a look of joy and gleam on his face, he ran in and swung the door open, "Mom, she's back! She's back!" He kept saying repeatedly, with a hint of excitement in his voice.

I gave him a puzzled look. Why was he this excited, what's going on? "Who's back, love?" I question him as I arch an eyebrow.

Alex begins jumping on the bed, "Ashley mom! She just walked in the door!" He says full of joy. Ashley? Back? I immediately sprung out the door, with Alex following from behind. "Mommy, where was Ashley all this time?" I hear Alex ask me as I'm dashing over to our front lawn, where I'm certain they're still at.

"She was out of town for this past week." I say, I'm not technically lying though, she was arrested over at Miami, but he doesn't need to know the why she was out of town. Not yet at least.

"Uncle Joe is going to be so happy about seeing her when he gets back... by the way mom, when is Uncle Joe getting back? It's been like four days!" He says as he struggles to keep his pace with me.

I couldn't help, but let out a small laugh, even Alex can tell how Joe is basically drooling over Ashley when she's in the same room as him. It's quite a view actually, and pretty damn funny. He tries to play it off cool, but the only thing he accomplishes is to embarrass himself even more, "Why yes darling, Uncle Joe will be very pleased to see her, and he said he'll return in two weeks, so I'll give him another five to six days." I reply as I open the front door which leads to the front lawn. "That's a long time!" Alex says, making sure that he emphasizes the word long.