"No, who are are you?"

"Stop lying, you just pronounced my name wrongly."

I swallowed the lump in my throat. So he knew.

"I want to go out of this room right now."

"Okay, leave." He stood up and jammed his hands into his pockets. "That's what you do best right?"

I stopped in my tracks, so he hasn't forgotten anything? Oh my goodness, I just wanted to die of shame right there.

You know when you've done something a long time ago, and you didn't think it was bad at the time. And when you finally saw the light and hoped everyone would have forgiven you because it was such a long time back, but the person at the receiving end didn't forget or forgive you?

"We were children at the time Iokua."

"My name is pronounced Yokuah."

"Whatever. ."

"You see that attitude right there? I hate it. And I hate you just as much."

"Please, I just want to go to Elizabeth. Where is she?"

"I fired her."

"What?"

"You heard me, I fucking fired her."

"Why?"

"I own this place now."

"And you just fired her? Just like that?" I asked, astonished that he would do something like that.

"Yes because I don't like her, just as much as you. I can't stand such people in my company so I fired her."

"You've changed so much."

"And I see you're still the bitch I left behind."

"Why are you here now?" I asked ignoring the sting of his harsh words.

"To pay you back in your own coin."

"It's been so long ago, we grew up." I snorted and added, "at least one of us did."

Grabbing my upper arms roughly, he shook me hard anger reeking off of him. "You didn't change one bit." It's a good thing, at least he wasn't talking about what I witnessed and his anger was sure to subside after a while. But in all these years, he still beared animosity against me what's to say he hasn't come here to have me killed?

He's not the same person I used to pick on, I felt bad for doing all those things to him but what how will this solve anything? Should I just beg him? Will he let me go then?

"Iokua," I started, I noticed the way his eye twitched when I said his name the wrong way. Honestly, he's not a bad person from what I knew and he didn't deserve the things I did to him but now what? "I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it Kathy, sorry doesn't cut it."

"What does?" I was already exhausted. How will he understand that I regret doing that? I thought they said you won't get punished for the things we already swore not to go back to?

"Don't you dare cry," he yelled, I didn't mean to cry. I just regretted all I did and to think he didn't forgive me was worse than anything I could ever imagine. He's bore this revenge plot for a long time now.

He released his grip on me , my eyes misted a little. I picked up my bag from the floor and waved goodbye to him. It was a habit I couldn't really let go of.

"See you tomorrow, I don't condone lateness."

"Bye Iokua."

"It's called Yokuah." He stressed again and I smiled, old habits do die hard.

Getting into my car, I dialed Caleb but I could not get through. So I decided to drive to his place first, he told me he would leave work early today. I was already so stressed, if dad saw me this way he would be stressed too.

I thought about my encounter with Iokua. He never forgave me, I wouldn't forgive myself either. It took me a long time to let it all go. I was thinking about everything I did and I just can't believe it was me. Stepping on the brakes suddenly, a taxi driver yelled at me.

I finally got to his house, his car was parked and that made me relieved. I was a little afraid I wouldn't meet him since I wasn't able to get through to him first.

"Honey," I called. But I got no response, "Caleb."

No response.

Checking everywhere I could, he wasn't there. His bedroom was the only place left. It was not a big house, so if he was here he would certainly have heard me calling. I peeked into his bedroom because the door was slightly cracked. He was there, I only saw his legs though and that was a bit disturbing. Opening the door wide enough, I almost fainted again.

Caleb was in bed with Eliza.

My boyfriend and my own best friend. They weren't sleeping, they were making jokes and pretending not to hear me. What will you do if you caught your boyfriend and best friend in bed?

Yell?

Cry?

Punch them both in the gut?

Well, I did none of those.

I just stepped back and closed the door, I felt like an intruder. It could only mean one thing, it has been going on for a long time. And I thought they didn't like each other.

Foolish Kathy. Very foolish.