Chapter 2

"Why he has to be our instructor? " swara said, cursing her faith after seeing sanskar entering the ground with a few other instructors.

"We got lucky..didn't we? He is the best instructor in all of them, " a girl said in a deeply impressed tone. Swara looked at her side and smiled.

"What is your name? " swara asked.

"I am kavita and you? " she said forwarding her hand. swara held her hand and stepped close to her.

"Swara and keep your distance from me, if you want to stay alive, " swara muttered in her ear. Kavita looked at her without a blink.

"Good morning sir! " All said in a union when sanskar stood in front of them. Swara looked at him from top to bottom but he didn't glance at her.

"100 pushups and 15 rounds around the hurdles before the lunch break, finish it on time so that you can get more time for lunch if someone couldn't finish it then no one is getting extra time for lunch because your next session will start...GOT IT?" Sanskar explained without any expressions on his face.

"YES SIR! " all shouted.

"Aish!...why to involve food in training? " swara thought, making faces.

"START! "

********************

"Look like no one will be able to complete before lunch break ends, " one trained said in disappointment.

"It's their first day, " vishal said in a calm tone. Sanskar kept silent at that.

The siren rang for the last 15 before lunch times finishes but no one passed the finishing line. Sanskar took a deep breath at that. when only five minutes were remaining swara finished the line but instead of stopping she directly went to the mess hall.

"Where are you going... Only five minutes are remaining, come back here, "the instructor shouted seeing her running away.

"You can eat so much in five minutes, " swara shouted back without stopping.

"Why do we have to get one crazy candidate every year, " the candidate said, shaking his head. after 5 minutes swara back running with one piece of bread in her mouth and one in each hand. Swara eat peacefully because candidates were still gathering. She was about to eat the last bread when kavita came there, breathing haphazardly. Swara looked at her and thought for a minute.

"Shibal, " swara cursed under her breath and offered her bread.

"Lunch time is over, " kavita said in a scared tone.

"Open your mouth, " swara said in a threatening tone. Kavita does so and she pushed bread into her mouth. swara wiped her hands on her jeans and stood straight. Kavita smiled a little and quickly chewed it

****************

"Thank God I brought these with me, " Swara said, stirring noodles with a spoon.

"Dud~dada~da, " Swara sang happily, after testing it with a spoon and closing the stove.

"Candidate what are you doing here? " a loud angry voice made Swara jump from her place. She quickly turned around and saw sanskar and Vishal standing at the door.

"Don't you know, no one is allowed to enter the kitchen after dinner time, " sanskar said in a normal pitch but his eyes were firing fireballs. Vishal felt pity for her. Swara rolled her eyes at that.

"Finish your training in time if you want to have dinner... how can you steal food when you are here to become a police officer, "  Sanskar said.

"What stealing? " Swara asked, completely bewildered.