Chapter 3: Never Seems To End, Does it?

09/24/98

7:20 am

The glass shatters into millions of little pieces. Baba jumps, just as startled as I am. And then, these horrid creatures one at a time start to shuffle into the dining room. Above us in the guest rooms, are screaming. My legs move, involuntarily and I race up the stairs.

2nd POV

 The creatures have their mouths latched onto Newts neck, tearing through it hungrily. Katie's corpse is on the floor, bleeding through the carpet. Her brown eyes clouded over, and her mouth open in a silent scream. You didn't have the guts nor the clarity of mind to attack them, but one thing you did think of was the kids. Were they alright? Had they been infected with whatever this is? You ran out of the guest room and into the bathroom. No sign of them. You looked in your room. Lo and behold, you find them just about to climb under your bed. No, we needed to get out of here. "Ophelia? Teagen? It's me, We need to get out of here. Can you guys walk ok?" Nothing. The zombified remains of Newt showed up in the doorway, but you kicked the door shut in his face. You got on your hands and knees and looked under the bed. Ophelia was bleeding profusely from her lower stomach, and her eyes were closed in a pained slumber. Teagen was right next to her, eyes wide and his face wet with tears. Oh dear. "Teagen, give me your hand. We have to go!" 

"No! What about Ophelia?" He looks back at her. She's not breathing anymore. Your eyes are burning with tears, but you got to be strong. Show Teagen you're not scared. You sigh.

"We..It's too late Teagen. She's gone."

"No! No no no no NO! She's right here! We have to bring her with us!"

There's no point in arguing. You grab his arm and pull him out from under the bed. Newt has finally started banging on the door, and it sounds like he's brought company. Teagen pushed and struggled and pulled at your fingers, but it didn't help him any. The tears had finally fallen from your eyes and you looked around your room franticly. You knew you had a switch blade in here. That's when you remembered your new handgun from baba. It was in one of your drawers. You had grabbed your weapon, but a snarling from under the bed stops you dead in your tracks. Not for long, but enough for Newt to break through the door.  When he stumbled through the door, he didn't notice you at first, but Teagen's scream of terror was enough to alert him to your presence. Newt charged for you and you got low enough to ram him with your shoulder in his lower stomach. He stumbled, so you took Teagen and ran. 

Before you could get down the stairs, Katie's corpse grabs your ankles. You lose your balance, and tumble down the steps with Teagen. Luckily, you got between him and the floor, but your back let out a large CRACK!  Katie cam crashing down after you, and you had your gun trained on her, and pulled the trigger. Click. No bullets. before she could land on you you held Teagen and rolled out of the way. While she was stunned, you pushed yourself up and grabbed Teagen. He looked at Katie and screamed out for her.

"MOMMY! Help me!  Please, I don't wanna go with Bibi! "

Katie snapper her head up to the cries of her son, but with blood lust and hunger in her eyes, not love and concern. She snarls and stumbles up onto her legs. Baba appears right behind her, jaw torn of their face, an eye hanging from their socket, and a bite mark on their neck. You grimaced and looked away, when your eyes caught the door to the garage. To where bullets and cars were kept! You tugged Teagen up off the floor and pulled him to the garage. However, Teagen bit your hand, and ran towards his dead mother. "Teagen, NO!" 

CRUNCH !

The sickening sound of teeth ripping into flesh echoed through out your ears. Everything seemed to slow down. The spray of blood coming from Teagen's neck, Katie's angered gaze on his neck, and your scream bubbling from your throat. 

Then, everything came crashing down all at once. Teagen's scream, the windows shattering even more than you though possible, and you couldn't breathe. Now was not the time to go into a panic attack. Even though your vision was shrouded by tears, even if you felt like running into the hoard heading straight for you, you stood up on your shaky legs and stumbled to the garage. 

The handle clicked, and you got in before any zombie came close to you. You locked the door and you sank to your knees. You needed to breathe. Throbbing fingers ran through your matted hair. Your breathing slowed. You weren't okay, obviously, but you were good enough to form a plan to get yourself out. You picked yourself up off the concrete floor and headed to baba's work bench. 

Metal tools and fancy parts glittered on their desk, and screws and springs filled the gaps.  Over in the corner, lied a box of hand gun bullets. You pulled out your weapon and pulled out the clip. Painstakingly slow, you slotted the bullets in one by one until it was full and slid the clip back into your gun. Your gaze wandered over the desk and into shelves looking for a pouch you could carry the bullets with. You stopped when you found your old art marker set. Memories came back to when you were happily sprawled out on the living room floor with a pack of markers and some blank pages. You shook your head. No time for reminiscing. you grab the pouch and dump out the markers, replacing the empty space with bullets. You strapped the pouch onto your hip, with the help of you belt. You made your way to the old family Vauxhall Cavalier. Before you entered the car, you needed to search for the keys. On your endeavor,  you spotted a backpack. It could prove useful in the future, so you took that too. You swiped the keys for the car from the top of the fridge and loaded your backpack with as many water bottles and and snacks as you could take, while also leaving room for things you could take later. 

After one last scan of the room, you decided it was time to leave. You unlocked the car, but opened the garage door before getting in the car. As it rolled open, the squeaks and groans of the door alerted the walking dead to your presence. You eyed them through the rear view mirror and plowed through them. It seemed like a smart idea, and you were going to act on it. You were going to the Racoon City Police Department. 

(A/N: Hello hello! I'm back! I'm so sorry for the couple month long wait for the next chapter. I've been thinking about this chapter for a while, and it finally came out. *^____^* What do you guys think of the second person POV? Would you rather first person? Let me know in the comments! Anyways, I'll see you guys later, in the next chapter! Bye!~*)