☆𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝓃𝒶𝒾𝓁𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒸𝑜𝓁𝒹 𝓈𝓀𝒾𝓃☆

The time you spent awake was cold and long. Dio could be so incredibly cruel, sometimes you even found yourself questioning whether or not you would still like him after this. He would do things such as make you bathe him to tease you. That's what you had guessed anyway. Unfortunately, today was one of those bathing days. You tread quickly up to Dio's chambers, in fear of what would happen if you were late.

Fortunately, you'd beat him to the bathroom. You sighed in relief and let yourself relax a little, walking slowly over to the large basin. You kneel down beside the bath, wincing as you put pressure on previous bruises and cuts, and slowly reach over to turn on the water. Hot, then a bit of cold. After running your hand under the water a few times to check if it was satisfactory, you reached over to tip some scented oils in the water. After much deliberation, you settled on rose.

The room went cold. "Ah, that one is my favourite." A voice sickeningly purred from behind you. You tensed up. No. Don't be scared. You let out a soft breath before trying to regain your composure. He chuckles, his eyes locking into yours. There was something so menacing, so evil behind them. But you could also see... lust? Compassion? Hunger? This was part of what terrified you. You never knew how to read him.

He begins to undress himself, slowly and elaborately, as if putting on a show. You huff and quickly turn back to the hot water when you feel your cheeks heat up. You turn off the two taps, tipping your hand in the water to sway the incense around. It smelt beautiful, like a garden. You hadn't seen your garden in days. Dio had kept you too busy to even ask. Which was peculiar, seeing as he liked it when you went out there.

But, you suppose, this isn't the same man you saw a week ago. He brushed past you, still moving purposefully slow and elegant, and slowly stepped into the water. You could see his brow soften as he entered, a wave of calm washing over him. You gazed absentmindedly at his body as he submerged in, and thankfully when you caught yourself, he hadn't noticed yet.

After a while of soaking, you seem him open his mouth to speak "You may begin." With that, you quickly got to work, lathering up soap on his arms first and at the same time trying to massage each and every muscle. Dio sat motionless, completely in bliss. Once you had done that arm, you moved onto the next. Reaching over nearly killed you, you had to try the whole time to cover your quickly reddening face. How did he get so muscular? You'd never seen him work out before, or train. Then you remembered he was a vampire, and settled on the fact it must be his vampiric strength.

Your followed along the jarring scar that circled his neck. What kind of a wound would give such a scar? Decapitation? That seemed to make sense. Whatever it was, it must have happened a long time ago. You cup water in your hands and releasing it over Dio's arms, letting the water create channels down his defined muscles. Now that the arms were done, the next thing to do would be the legs. You awkwardly started on the first leg, trying your best to stay as far away from his private area as possible, while desperately looking away. This time, you felt him watching you, most likely with amusement.

The legs were agonizingly slow, but you managed to finish them relatively quickly. You see him lock eyes with you, unmoving, as you wait for him to get up so you can wash his back. "Um, excuse me. I need to get your back." You mutter quietly. He does nothing, just stares at you. "My Lord?" You try. Nothing. "Lord Dio, I need to get to your back."

"Be quiet, my back can wait." He snarls. You wince and shrivel back, giving a very small "Yes my Lord." You sit in silence as he stares at you, the only sign he was conscious were his eyes moving to each and every part of your body, examining it with thorough detail. His eyes rested on your cut knees, something changed in them. It was a mix of almost sorrow, pain, and hunger. An animalistic hunger. You shuddered at the thought, but he couldn't help that he felt that way.

Could he?

Very abruptly, he stoop up, you squeak and quickly snap your head away from his groin. He just stands there and watches you tremble for what you'd guessed 20 seconds, before he stepped out of the bath and grabbed his towel, striding out of the room still wet. "What the hell.." you mutter under your breath. Had you done something to enrage him? Were your services not to his liking? Or what there something else. Did he see something in you? See an emotion. A small voice whispered in the very back of your head. Did he see an emotion, or an opportunity?

You stayed unmoving in the room for a while, unsure whether Dio was coming back or not. Your mind was scurrying to find a logical reason as to why he left, an ever growing feeling of dread pooling at the pit of your stomach again. You gather all the courage you had left and decided to go and seek him. He never said he didn't want you to follow him. You clutch at the front of your threadbare tunic, balling the thin fabric in a fist as you anxiously stepped out of the bathroom. "L-lord Dio?" you squeaked quietly, foolishly hoping he would make a noise. Cautiously stepping around the bedroom, checking for him in any place he usually stayed.

He wasn't here. You stayed stationary. It would take even more courage to leave the room, you didn't know whether he wanted you to follow, whether your life was in danger. Love is blind, you suppose. You exhale confidently and make your way to the door, placing your hand on it. You hesitated again.

"Open it." A voice whispered to you. You had no idea if it was next to you or in your head. It felt all too familiar. Was it him? You honestly couldn't tell who it was. As far as you were concerned, you were alone in this room. Your hand was shaking on the door handle, fear swallowing you whole. A soft, familiar hand found itself onto yours, quelling the shaking and confirming your assumptions. Long black nails, cold pale skin. He held your hand and opened the door, letting it swing open freely.

"Now walk forward." His voice was just above a whisper and it was stupidly entrancing. You obeyed, talking small steps forward, eyeing the hand that was still on top of yours. It felt like a dance, only threatening. Even so, you trusted him. You walked until he spoke again, you looked up from his hand to realise you were at the garden door, soft moonlight breaking through the small gap in the door. His hand guided yours to the door and pulled it open, revealing your garden under the blanket of night. The soft moonlight gave it a different feel, a feel that was even more entrancing.

Finally, he began to circle in front of you, still holding your hand. You let out an internal sigh of relief when you saw he was fully clothed, some of your anxiety melting away. Your eyes met his, immediately you got lost in them. Oh, they were wonderful to stare into. But you were confused. What was all of this? You hadn't said anything yet. As if he read your mind, he spoke "I felt you deserved a... reward of such." he smiled, flashing his fang at you. "After all, you've done some excellent work. I might just keep you serving me regardless ." He jokes with a chuckle.

He brings your hand up to his lips, and softly brushes them against your skin. "A dance?" you ask. Only his eyes move up to meet yours, he smirks. "Do you know how?" he murmurs after letting your hand fall. You shake your head "Not properly." Suddenly, he pulls your body into his and secures you with his other arm around your waist. You gingerly bring your free hand up to his shoulder and place it there softly.

Without warning, he begins to dance, swaying with you in the moonlight. The grass was kissing your bare feet as you danced, mostly being controlled by him. It was a cool night. A cool, pleasant night. "Its funny," He says suddenly, not even showing any signs of exhaustion "how weak I seem to have gotten because of you. It really is annoying." he pauses, as if trying to find the right words "But if it would be anyone that would have this effect on me, it must be you."

It's now or never. His amber eyes were almost begging you to say it, say what he had so obviously longed to hear for days. "Whatever you want me to be," You begin, not even thinking about what was coming out of your mouth. "I'm yours." Your promise sealed your fate forever. "Forever?" he confirms, slowing his steps and looking lovingly into your eyes.

"Forever."

|| Chapter 9 - Long nails and cold skin ||