New Friends and Reunification

Bea made her way to the Smithsonian to hopefully see Phillip again.

She passed a figure in a hood and immediately turned, grabbing his shoulder. "Phillip?"

The man turned and looked at her nervously. "I'm sorry, do I know you?"

Bea nodded. "My name is Bea."

"Bea?" He turned, seeing another figure.

Bucky smiled at his brother. "Hey, Phillip."

Phillip looked between them, shook his head, and started walking away.

"Wait!" Bea yelled.

Bucky held her back. "Give him some time, Bea."

Phillip left and Bea and Bucky stared after him.

As Phillip walked outside, he passed an alley and heard meowing.

He went to investigate and found a cat with gray fur, though he didn't think it was actually gray, and blue eyes.

Phillip slowly moved closer and held out his hand. The cat sniffed it and rubbed its head across his hand.

A small smile crossed Phillip's lips. He picked the cat up and it began purring.

Phillip looked around for the owner, but didn't find one, and figured the cat was a stray.

He took the cat to the vet to get checked out.

The vet looked the cat over and gave it a bath, revealing that, like Phillip had thought, the cat's fur was white.

"She's in an impressively healthy condition despite living on the streets," the vet said. "I've given her her shots. I can give her to a shelter, see if someone wants to adopt her or you can take her if you're willing."

Phillip looked into the cat's bright blue eyes and said, "I'll take her."

He was handed the cat and a list of things he needed for her and began petting the cat.

She began purring and Phillip smiled before saying, "It's you and me, huh, Alpine?"

"That's a nice name."

Phillip met the vet's eyes. "Thanks. It fits for her. Thank you for all this."

The vet nodded. "That's my job. Take care of her."

"I will."

Phillip left with the cat and made his way to a local store to buy things for Alpine.

When they got back to his apartment, he sat on the floor, petting Alpine with a small smile.

A knock sounded on the door and Phillip stood. He made his way to the door and looked through the peephole to see the woman who called herself Bea.

He opened the door a crack and Bea smiled. "Can I come in?"

Phillip eyed her warily. "You're not HYDRA?"

She shook her head. "No. HYDRA is gone. S.H.I.E.L.D. I think might be too. I'm just here to see how you are."

"I'm fine." He opened the door a little wider. "Uh, you can come in if you'd like."

Bea followed him inside, noticing the cat.

Phillip followed her eyes. "Her name is Alpine. I found her in an alley."

Bea knelt to pet Alpine who sniffed her before rubbing her head across Bea's hand.

Phillip smiled briefly and said, "She likes you. That's good. Bea, um, I'm leaving New York. With everything that happened, I can't stay here."

"Where are you going?"

"I haven't decided yet. But something about you. Did you want to come with me?"

Bea nodded. "If that's okay with you."

He said nothing, but nodded.