"He's growing."
Ignis stated.

"Chairman believes he has potential and he's connected to something that's been buried for a long time."
Ignis remarked.

"Buried from a long time...?"

"Just his rambling. But given what's happening for the past years, a hundred or so, anything can be possible. We lived long enough to see crazy things became the norm."
He grinned at her and now made his way to the door.

"By the way, I'm gonna use the entire simulation room tomorrow. The boy's exam is a few days away so I need to kick them to the proper shape."
He stopped for a bit and finally left.

Theresa just sighed.

"Never changes, he just does whatever he likes."
She heaves a deep breath and smiles.

The next morning came and the day resumed like usual. Himeko had just finished her session for today and was now packing her things. She stopped for a moment as she looked at the empty seats belonging to the two males.

"Sigh... And he took them both without prior notice..."
She scratched her head.

"Alright, dimissed."
With this, the class had now dispersed to their own.

"I wonder where both Akito and Kengo are."
Kiana muttered as she too noticed their absence.

"I'm not sure... Maybe they're not doing well..?"
Mei said.

"The Bronya sees that as a possibility."
Bronya added.

Meanwhile...

The simulation room was occupied by 3 men. 2 of them were downed to their knees, panting from exhaustion. The older one of the three was standing up, gazing at the duo. Ignis had the boys fight against a horde of simulated Honkai Beasts in order for him to see what else could be done for their improvement.

3 waves of monsters later and both Kengo and Akito were on their knee.

"I have to say, you both are.. kinda okay.."
Ignis remarked while clapping slow.

"Kengo showed better than Akito. I guess your hard work is paying off now, Kengo."
He grinned.

"T-thank... You..."
Kengo breathed out.

"Akito... You're good and you have sharp marksmanship. But on the other hand... You two are kinda not doing well..."
Ignis stated.

"Shut it..."
Akito barked tiredly.

"Kengo kept getting in my way!"

"I try Akito but your directions confuse me sometimes!"

"Save it. Let us take a break. 3 waves consecutively already put us into this. Cut us some slack."
Akito complained tiredly.

"On the battlefield, there'll be more than just 3 waves. Be happy I'm holding back just to see what you two can do."
Ignis shot back.

"But sir... We're at our limit...."
Kengo breathed out.

"Alright fine."
He clapped.

Kengo and Akito breathed out in relief and laid down on the floor, sweating heavily. They both reached for their bags for their drinking bottles and nearly drank. Ignis approached them and offered them a box of doughnuts.

"Want some?"

"No."
Akito turned it down.

"Thanks!"
Kengo grabbed one and ate it.

"What you said, are those all your input on our performance?"
Akito asked.

"Hmmm.. if I'm being honest, you two are good, but your synchronization rate is pretty bad. You two can easily pass the exams individually. Kengo had better combat skill than you Akito, but you're not half bad yourself."
He started.