YOU COULD HAVE DIED

Start from the beginning

"Okay, time to go." Without waiting for your reply, Leona continued to run. After the beast slowly faded out from your sight, Leona went into the woods and hid behind some tall bushes.

"We don't have much time for a complete plan. It has great sense of smell, and it will come at any second, so we have to come up with a plan asap." He put you down and started planing, but you had to tell him what you saw back there and your guess about that creature.

"I think that beast craves blood." You told Leona the scene back there and the weird action of that animal to lick all the blood of its prey. Normal carnivores wouldn't suck the blood of its preys when consuming them, but here's this creature. "It's like it was the blood that the three-headed dog truly wanted."

Leona thought for a moment after listening to your inference. "I see what your mean." He uttered, "If so, it's the blood inside our body which attracts that bastard."

"I will lead that big dog away to give you time setting up a trap here." He put forth and pointed at the vines and thorns twining around the stems of the trees. "See those vines and thorns? They are your weapons, together with this." He said and took out a jackknife from his pocket. "Always be prepared for the worst." He added.

"Make a net, make some obstacles or anything. We just need to make it unmovable. To be honest, we don't have the ability to kill that creature when damaging it is already difficult enough." Leona explained. "I will return after 15 minutes, with that animal following behind me, so you have to be ready."

You could only continue to nod while receiving the knife from Leona. You knew what you're gonna to carry on your shoulders, and both Leona's life and yours depended on you. "I will be ready." You assured, not only to Leona, but also yourself. You didn't really know what you're going to do, but you were given the mission, and you would not fail it.

As failing it, might mean losing your life.

"ROARRRR!" You could again hear the roaring of Cerberus in real life, and you knew the clock was ticking.

"Well, time to go." Leona took a look to the outside of the bushes where you two were hiding. He looked back to you, before stepping out from the bushes.

"I will return, that's a definite." He assured with a small smile. "So don't even think of finally not having to see me ever again." He joked.

You returned with a tiny laughter, "Sounds like a bad news to me." No, it wasn't. "See you soon." You looked up to him and smiled. It might sounded like a playful joke, but at the same time, a promise. He had always been calling you stupid herbivore, but when it came to such an urgent situation, he put all his trust in you.

Another roaring of the beast broke into the final conversation of you two. The next second, Leona stepped out from the bushes and ran to the opposite direction of where you were. The creature seemed to have already noticed the prey it was chasing at the beginning. It didn't think twice and followed Leona, disappearing from your view.

You had to start working. You decided to use the vines to trap the beast. Along the way you had ran through, you had already noticed the thick huge vines hanging on the branches of the trees and those surrounding the stems. You pulled a vine from a stem and surrounded an end around a tree on the opposite side. You repeated that on different trees with different vines, so as to create an area surrounded with a "vine web". You also twined some sharp thorns around the vines and hoped it could help damage the gigantic dog.

Your plan was when Leona arrived, he could get rid of the web trap from the narrow space between the vines. He had great flexibility and agility, you had seen that during the Spelldrive training, and you trusted Leona's ability to do that. However, with such a huge body size, Cerberus aka that three-headed creature could hardly get through it. The vine you tied close to the ground with thorns on it should be able to trip it and hurt its ankles, and it'd be unmovable.