When we finally got the perfect colour match I began to paint the whole pot. Grayson told me that he wanted to take it home, he wanted it to be his because it will remind him of me. That thought alone has butterflies erupting in my stomach, I will never get used to his sweetness.

"It's nice that my parents aren't here, isn't it?" I speak as I curve the paintbrush around the opening of the pot.

Grayson's eyes follow my perfect stroke and nods. "Indeed, I wish it was forever."

I smirk at his words and meet his gaze. "You could always put me in your suitcase and tell my father that you needed to go home for a few days and you'll come back."

"Yeah, right," he leans back in his chair and folds his arms across his chest. "We wouldn't get very far, I'd get done for kidnapping."

"True," I chew on my lip. "But if we got to the police first, it might work."

Grayson smiles back at me. "I like your little mischievous plan, I wish it could be as easy as that."

I sigh dreamily. "Imagine how perfect it would be."

The thought of being put in a car, escaping those gates and following a road into a far away town. See where Grayson lives, meet his family, his friends, tell my story and prove to everyone in this world how evil my parents and the royal family truly are.

"It would, you're right. But we need to do it the legal way because I don't want to be taken away from you."

There is a big grin on my face. "Don't want to leave this castle without me, huh?"

"No," he leans forward onto his knees. "I am not leaving this castle without you, Everly. Full-stop."

I blink at his sudden seriousness and my spine shivers. Even the sheer darkness of his eyes give me hope, they hold me captive for a few moments because I could get lost in his safety.

Who knew words could make you feel so comfortable?

My shaky hand places down the brush and I stand up from my chair. I loop around my crafts table, Grayson glances up at me as I land myself into his lap and latch my arms onto his shoulders.

His large hands slide across my back and hold me close, he studies my smile and then replicates it. The warmth of his body spreads throughout mine and I can't help but move my forehead onto his with a small laugh.

"Let's go to the library," I mumble quietly.

Grayson picks me up as soon as these words leave my mouth and I clutch onto him for support, he walks us to the door before settling me on the ground. I press a hand to the door handle and look up at him, blood rushes to my face because he knows the deal. He knows what I want.

I run down the hall and Grayson is close behind me, my feet patter the floor as I race down to the library. The door slamming loudly behind me when Grayson steps into the room, I twirl around to him and take one large breath.

My arms reach up to place around his neck and I'm pulled up into his embrace, legs wrap around his waist. We're walking straight towards the sofa, my heart thrashes in my chest when our lips finally meet.

I can't get enough of his peppermint tasting mouth.

He grunts into the kiss and kneads his fingers into the fabric over my butt, I gasp at the sudden action which causes Grayson to smirk.

We fall back onto the sofa and I straddle his thick thighs, sliding my hands through his silky hair and digesting his subtle moans. I can feel his crotch grow beneath mine, poking me straight in my core which has my skin heating instantly.