Reserch can be fun

On the way to the library, Nami couldn't stop thinking about the upcoming fight and was wondering if Robin had any more info for her since she always had a way of finding out about important information before anyone else. It was as if she was a computer with how accurate she was.

During her walk, Nami decided to take the quick route meaning she had to cut through the alley, something she hadn't done in a couple of months since she always loved how peaceful and quiet the city was in the evenings, but today Nami wasn't in the mood for a relaxing walk, she wanted info, and the sooner she got there, the sooner she can get answers and decided to run the rest of the way.

While Nami was on her way to the library, a bulky man who looked more like a surfer than a constructor, whose name was Franky and was currently having a phone call, "Are you sure bro? I mean, it wouldn't be that hard for me to get a treadmill for the gym plus it wouldn't cost you extra" Franky questioned.

"It's fine Franky, I prefer to run outside, it feels more relaxing for me, plus I heard the East has some of the best sights In the world and you know just how much I love to explore new places" the customer assured"
If you say so Luffy, anyway, I was wondering, when are you going to come over? since the house extension and gym are done," Franky asked with a pleased grin on his face.

"I should be able to check it out tomorrow. I'll go pack my stuff with Rayleigh and call my dad, so he and mum can do the same", Luffy explained with a calm and relaxing tone, "I'll see you tomorrow and I can't wait to see your reaction to your new and improved SUPER! House", Franky shouted proudly

"I'm sure it will look amazing! I'll call tomorrow, bye!", Luffy cheered before ending the call.

"Hey. Rayleigh, Franky says that the place is done", Luffy called, "Is that so? then I guess we better start packing I'll send shanks a message so he and Makino can do the same", Rayleigh answered coming out from his room.

Rayleigh was an older-looking man in his late 70s with white wild hair and a goatee. "Yeah and I think mum and dad are going to love it since Franky never disappoints. I just need to call the team and then we can hopefully leave for tomorrow", Luffy informed with a grin

"Hey Luffy before we start packing we should probably get your picture taken for the posters so we don't have the promoters chasing after us again", Rayleigh suggested. Luffy only nodded before going with Rayleigh to take the photos needed.

Meanwhile, back at the library, a slim black-haired woman was looking at her laptop and reading an article on a serial killer when she was interrupted by the slight call of her name. "Robin", Nami panted after running the rest of the way she, was a bit out of breath.

"Nami what happened did you have to run away from a murderer who wanted to skin you alive?" Robin asked with a blank look, Nami gave her a small glare not fond of Robin's humour. After Nami had sat down and finally got her breath back, she told Robin why she ran there, "I was wondering if you knew anything about the championship match happening between Arlong and Monkey D Luffy", Nami questioned with a hopeful look in her eyes.

Robin thought to herself before answering, "now that you mentioned it, I do remember Franky talking about it. He said he was working on a house for a fighter and his family with a built-in gym. Apparently, it will be on the top of Windmill Hill, since it reminds them of their old place. OH! and I also recall hearing that a press conference will be held this Saturday, so I would say whoever this luffy guy is, he should be arriving this week," Robin answered with a pleased smile. Nami couldn't help the small smile she gave as well as the more obvious, but still blind to the untrained eye blush, that appeared on her cheeks.

Robin having said trained eyes decided to tease her red-headed friend a little, "Nami, can I ask why the sudden interest? I mean it's not like you to be interested In these types of events, especially anything concerning Arlong"

Nami was confused and answered with another question "what do you mean Robin?"

"I was just wondering if something or somebody had finally caught, your interest, and maybe you're even a bit jealous." Robin finished with a smug look in her eyes and a teasing smile

Nami had a look of shock going completely red until she finally registered the last comment and said as loud as possible still trying to respect the rules of the library, "jealous?! why would I be jealous?! and of who for that matter?!"

All Robin could do was chuckle before answering, "Why? of Arlong, of course, he is out there wrestling and getting your new prize all sweaty when that's what you would rather be doing just in a more private arena and a different type of wrestling" She then winked at Nami and decided to stop playing with the girl since she looked like she was about to pass out from embarrassment.

Robin then realised how they could spend the rest of the day since she was feeling bad for teasing her so much, "Hey Nami you, know most of these MMA guys before, going pro did a bunch of underground cage fights.if you want we could go to yours and see if we can find anything about your new prize"

Nami after thinking it over agreed with a nod and that is how the rest of the day went, with them watching Luffy going through different types of opponents only some being a similar height to him. For every win nami would go from smiling to now cheering with excitement and for every loss, it was mainly because they "cheated" was her excused for him. Nami would glare at them even during the rematch and only stop once they were knocked out. Robin even caught her taking a picture of him after every win because he gave the same smile to the crowd and if you would have scrolled through, you would see him go from as clean as a baby to looking like he just decided to have a blood bath. The worse he looked was after his fight with Katakuri, which to Nami, anger ended in a draw, thanks to the judges safe to say it was an eventful night.

"It's getting late we, can finish the rest of it tomorrow." "Ok", Nami only nodded being tired herself but was instantly woken up thanks to what Robin said to her in the hug before leaving the pore girl as red as magma and speechless as the words kept on bouncing around her head even after a shower and lying down in bed, all she could think about was that last sentence

"I hope he is a bit kinder to an opponent in a different match, because she might not be able to walk for a week". Safe to say the devil child had stopped Nami from having a peaceful night but she can mentally thank her for the dream she had that night.