EPILOGUE

Epilogue

 Epilogue

A YEAR AND A HALF LATER

A year and a half after the Titanic sank, life wasn't the easiest for most of the survivors, especially the poor. The wealthy had redeemed their lives as they once were before ever getting on Titanic, though for the poor, their lives and everything they had was gone.

They had to start a whole new life in a new place, working day in and day out just to make ends meet. To provide for their families.

For Eve, Jack, and Rose, life was fairly good. Jack was an artist for an art gallery in Los Angeles, and he made decent amounts of money. Rose was an actor in Hollywood; she was a rising celebrity.

Eve was a tailor for a high-end women's dress shop. Her boss was a well-known woman, who was in her early 50s. Her name was Madame Esther, and she was well-respected and strict yet had a warm spot for her only employee.

The Dawsons lived in a three-room townhouse in the city of Hollywood, Los Angeles. It was a small place but livable. It was a good life they were living, a gorgeous house, a beautiful backyard, and their pet dog, Banana.

Neither of the three named the dog that. Banana was named by Eve's daughter, Charlotte Andrews. The one-year-old insisted the dog's name was Banana, even if her first word was Jack.

It was a huge shock to them, especially Eve when she found out she was pregnant. Thomas was her first, but she never thought she would get pregnant the first time. It made things harder for her, but she never got rid of her baby.

Hers and Thomas's child.

Madame Esther was slightly apprehensive about her employee being pregnant and unmarried. Still, whenever the older woman brought up the topic of marriage, Eve always shut it down.

"Hello, darling." Madame Esther greeted her employee as she walked into the back room.

Eve didn't look up from her book as she spoke. "Morning, Esther."

Madame Esther sat down on one of the chairs in the lounge. Her old gray eyes peered at the young blonde. She fixed her dress, crossing her legs over each other but clearing her throat.

"Evangeline, I think—" the older woman started but was immediately cut off by Eve.

"No, Esther, I am not getting married." The blonde-haired woman said dryly. Her fingers flipped a page of her book.

Madame Esther let out a huff. "Evangeline, darling, it is unwell to be not married when you have a child. That child needs a father."