"But what are they doing here? This isn't exactly a place a great place for the Princess of the Fire Nation to be seen without a good reason."

All of a sudden, a loud roar rang through the air. The two looked up into the sky and saw Appa, the Avatar's flying bison, flew away from a cliff.

"The Avatar!" Zuko said and immediately followed their trail through the night, not stopping even for a moment to rest. Zuko wanted the Avatar, and this could be his chance to do it. 

As they rode to catch the Aang, Zuko peeked back behind him to see Zeraphina asleep, but her eyes were twitching as if she was having a nightmare. It worried him, remembering some of the times where she was fall asleep on him when they were kids. And when she would wake up, she was always silent.

He didn't want to upset her back then, so he never asked what those nightmares were about. But something in the back of his mind wanted to know exactly what she was dreaming about. What could scare her into having a nightmare?

~~~~~

It was sunset, and the day had been long. As they followed the trail left by Azula, they came across an abandoned village that been torn from its people. They hid behind one of the buildings and saw Azula jumping off of her lizard and standing in front of a very exhausted Aang.

"All right, you've caught up with me. Now, who are you, and what do you want?" Aang asked.

"You mean you haven't guessed?" Azula said, "You don't see the family resemblance? Here's a hint." She covered the left side of her face, imitating Zuko's scar, "I must find the Avatar to resore my honor."

Aang didn't react to the imitation.

"It's okay. You can laugh. It's funny."

"So what now?" Aang asked.

"Now? Now it's over. You're tired, and you have no place to go. You can run, but I'll catch you."

Aang stood up tall despite being so tired, "I'm not running."

Azula smirked, ready for the upcoming fight against the Avatar, but Zeraphina was terrified for what may come.

~~~~~

Meanwhile, near the abandoned town in the rocky side of the mountain trail, Iroh was sitting with a young girl, a pot of tea boiling over a small fire. The girl was small, young, and blind, wearing no shoes so she could more easily see.

Her name was Toph, and though she was small, she was powerful, one of the strongest Earthbenders in history despite being born blind and raised as if she was a frail piece of glass.

"Here is your tea." Iroh said, giving the girl a cup, but she didn't move immediately, "You seem a little too young to be traveling alone."

"You seem a little too old." Toph said taking the cup of tea.

"Ha, ha, ha!" Iroh laughed, "Perhaps I am."

"I know what you're thinking. I look like I can't handle being by myself."

"I wasn't thinking that."

"You wouldn't even let me pour my own cup of tea."

"I poured your tea because I wanted to and for no other reason."

"People see me and think I'm weak. They want to take care of me, but I can take care of myself by myself."

Iroh smiled, "You sound like my nephew, always thinking you need to do thing on your own without anyone's support. There is nothing wrong with letting people who love you help you. Not that I love you. Well, I just met you."