𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

Start from the beginning

    The cockpit of the cruiser was silent, both Astrid and Obi-Wan pondering in their own seats. They had barely spoken a word, and as much as they wanted to, they simply didn't know where to begin. With pursed lips, Astrid glances to the side where she sees Obi-Wan fidgeting with a ring on his finger, his right-hand ring finger.

    A sad smile graced her lips as she looked back towards the blue streaks with watery eyes. She had missed out on so much of her friends' lives. All the plans they had to do together and memories they promised to share—it was all too late.

    "Astrid, I'm truly sorry for not telling you about Anakin," Obi-Wan breaks the silence, his own poignant eyes meeting Astrid's. His eyes crinkled at the edge, a look of overbearing guilt in his wise eyes. It was eating him alive.

    Astrid smiles, reassuringly. She truly wasn't mad at Obi-Wan, he did what he believed was right and truthfully, it did save a ton of heartbreak when she least needed it. It gave her time to learn to live and grow without the man, and how to care for her child without the man. It had helped her more than anything.

    ''It's alright, Obi," the girl smiles, reaching out to hold his hand comfortingly. She feels the cool gold of the ring on his hand as he gives her a small squeeze back. Her eyes move to the gold band before looking at him again. "Who's the lucky girl?"

    A small pink hue finds a home on his cheeks as he looks down at the ring. A light smile edges his lips as he looks back at her. His eyes twinkled with love as he thought of the girl. "You know her," he cryptically answers, but she was quick to put the pieces together.

    "Satine!" Astrid grins widely, her eyes wide with a look that says 'finally'. Obi-Wan simply nods and laughs at her reaction, a heavy weight off of his chest as he realizes Astrid didn't hold anything against him. "About time. I was waiting for you two to get together."

    "Yeah, yeah," Obi-Wan smiles, shaking his head as he looks out the window. A heavy and comfortable silence fills the air as they both take in the crazy reality of their lives. One minute they knew everything that was going on, the next, they caught up only because one needed rescue.

    "How's Maya?" Astrid asks, her lips pressed to a thin line as she looks out the window, refusing to look at anything else. She was afraid. What if Maya had thought she had abandoned her? What if Maya found someone else to call mom? She was just afraid of losing her daughter.

    Obi-Wan recognized this, a sad frown meeting his lips. He reassured her, "she's okay, though she misses you dearly."

     "I miss her too," Astrid smiles, hands moving to tie her hair back. They were a few hours away from what Astrid assumed was a rebel base. Little did she know, they were going to Apollo, her home.

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

    HE SAW RED.

    Anger was always an emotion prominent in his life, but what he felt right now? That was so much more. It was more fiery, like a grenade that had yet to go off. He was volatile. His chest burned with so much hatred all pointed towards one person.

    Obi-Wan Kenobi.

     Even just the mutter of the name sent him into a fit of rage. He had taken away the one thing that Vader truly cared for, the one person that he had killed the Emperor for. And now he was livid, and there was no one to hold him back anymore.

    Darth Vader was now the Emperor of the entire galaxy, and he was coming for Astrid Pagonia.

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈