Chapter 9 | Shadow around the house

Start from the beginning

Wei Ying walked along the left side of the porch, then stopped at the end and looked around. As he turned toward the backyard, he saw the figure again among the trees.

"Lan Zhan .... ?" said Wei Ying, though a little doubtfully.

Then the figure turned and continued walking towards the terrace.

Since Wei Ying thought that Lan Zhan probably didn't notice him or just didn't hear him, so Wei Ying stepped off the porch and hurriedly went after Lan Zhan. As soon as Wei Ying reached the back corner of the house, suddenly someone stepped in front of him.

The masked man immediately pushed him against the wall and covered the omega's mouth. The next moment, he stabbed the syringe into Wei Ying's neck. It was so fast that Wei Ying had no time to defend himself. After the man quickly put the syringe away, he clenched the omega's wrists and held it over Wei Ying's head.

"Good ... That's better. It's good that you don't use a scent blocker like I do. But that's why I just did it for you. Because you're going to need this on our little trip." he said, .. then then he took off his mask. That's when Wei Ying saw Xue Yang's face.

Xue Yang leaned a little closer to the omega's neck. He began to sniff Wei Ying's fading scent. Meanwhile, Wei Ying watched him the whole time.

"I knew it. It was really your scent I smelled when I was at the waterfall." - then the alpha moved away from Wei Ying. - "You were there, .. and it must have been you, when I was in the forest at night, and I saw you lying in Lan Zhan's arms. .. Then you were easy prey there, but Lan Zhan was not. .. That's why I didn't do anything then. But, when I recently saw Lan Zhan in the small town nearby, ... and with a beta, ... I knew where he had hidden you. And, I knew it was an unmissable opportunity to strike at you. ... Although Nie Mingjue is also dangerous, but .. if the old man can't smell my scent, he doesn't even know I'm here. Just as he won't even know where we went, little omega, .. since you don't have a scent at the moment, which would make the old man able to follow us." said Xue Yang proudly that the omega had successfully and easily fallen into his trap.

But Xue Yang's joy did not last long, for he heard the door creak open. Nie Mingjue stepped out the door and hurriedly walked along the porch.

"Wei Ying! ... Wei Ying, are you here? .. Wei Ying!" shouted Nie Mingjue.

Then Wei Ying started struggling and moaning again. Xue Yang's attention from the old alpha quickly shifted back to the omega. Because of this, Xue Yang did not notice that the noise of omega was heard not only by him, but also by the elderly alpha.

"Hey! .. Be quiet, you ... -" the alpha growled.

However, the next moment, two strong hands grabbed Xue Yang from the side and pulled him away from Wei Ying.

Xue Yang had barely stopped on his feet when he received a blow to his face, which caused him to fall to half-knees. Xue Yang propped himself up with one hand while lifting the other to his face to cover his broken, bleeding nose. He groaned in pain, and as he looked up, Nie Mingjue grabbed his collar and lifted him off the ground. The two alphas faced each other. One was stunned but annoyed, while the other smelled strongly of campfire and smoke.

"If I find out that you have entered my territory again, or that you have dared to go near the omega, I will tear off your limbs. ... ... Do you understand?" warned Nie Mingjue. His canines gleamed with moonlight.

"Get your hands off me, you .." protested Xue Yang, trying to tear Nie Mingjue's hands off himself.

"Do you understand?" asked Nie Mingjue again, pulling Xue Yang closer to him.