Episode 4: Red Snow!

Start from the beginning

"Well I became a Demon Slayer to continue my family legacy."
"Oh I am sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how it feels."
"My loss?"
"Yeah? I am assuming you are continuing the legacy of your parents because they passed away no?"
"Oh no not at all. They're all alive and doing well."
Shinobu paused and wasn't expecting such a response.
"Wait... you aren't out here for revenge against the demons or anything?"
"Nope. I am simply using their training to keep the peace and stop any and all demons that want to disrupt it."
"Why would you throw yourself into such a dangerous job if you haven't lost anything or anyone? Heaven forbid you die out here and leave your parents alone with no son."
Aokime let out a sign as he looked up through the trees at the cloudy sky.
"My parents put their heart and soul keeping the people of Japan safe from all the demon attacks. They put their life on the line to ensure a safe future for my sister and I. I trained as hard as I can to keep the peace for my family, and as I got older I knew I was destined to protect others as well. Plus, I can ensure the future of others will be protected by my hands."
Shinobu was looking at Aokime. Her eyes were widen by the words of the young man standing before her as she smiled.

"You're very unique, Aokime. Every encounter I've had with other demon slayers were all the same. Avenging family members, traumatized by demon attacks, or seeking fame and fortune for their own selfish desires. Yet you seek none of that. Instead you put your life on the line for everyone else, regardless if they would remember you or even thank you. That's something even I would have never expected. I wish you the best in your endeavors, Aokime. Hope to see you again soon."
Waving goodbye, she quickly vanished away.

Aokime looked back at the woman he saved as he smiled and crouched down.
"Are you alright, Ma'am?"
She nodded as he helped her back on her feet.
"Is it true?"
The woman spoke which caught Aokime's attention.
"Pardon?"
"Is it true that you became a Demon Slayer just to protect others?"
"Yup! I will keep doing that no matter what."
The woman put her hand on his shoulder as she smiled.
"Your parents must be very proud of you for how far you have come."
"I hope so. I know I have to do whatever it takes to ensure the safety of others. It what I will keep doing for as long as I live."
"Well I hope you continue on through your endeavors. If you do have the time when you aren't patrolling I would certainly feel honored for you to meet my daughter."
Aokime slight blushed as he chuckled. He guided her back to the town before making his way north to continue his patrol.

Roughly an hour had gone by before Aokime's crow began screaming.
"CAAAAW! Demons! Lots of Demons! To the far west! CAAAAW! All nearby demon slayers! Report! URGENT! CAAAWW!"

Aokime took a deep breath and leaped up to the trees as he made his way to where the crow was flying too. On his way towards his next destination, he took out a wrapped up onigiri to eat to keep himself from starving.
"These demon attacks have been popping up more and more frequently than usual. I swear... this is getting annoying."
Thinking to himself as he thought about how the demons kept moving sporadically to target small villages that was spread all around the southern most part of Japan. It's easy to tell that there would be a lot of easy prey to tackle, but even so... one would think to have some demon slayers constantly stationed in these villages to at least prevent these attacks as often.

However... it would be long until he reached the village as several bodies of victims were on the floor. Mangled and ripped apart lifeless as they left the snow red with their blood. This sight shook Aokime as this was by far the worst sight he has seen in a while. During his months after passing the trials, he only encounters about one or two victims left in critical states. This it was roughly already 5 or 6 all left dead.
"Shit! This is bad!"
As he rushed in, Aokime listened to the screams and cries coming from all sides. As a demon appeared in front of him as it was sniffing around before it's attention was drawn to Aokime.
"More food! Yes! Hahaha!"
Leaping towards Aokime, the demon was bigger than the usual ones he faced. However, it remained as reckless as all the others.