Chapter 19| Sister, sister

Start from the beginning

"You and Amy are going to lunch?" He asked. Meredith nodded. "With Lexie too" she smiled as she stepped down. "I didn't know you guys were friends?" Derek turned to look at her. Meredith just shrugged. "She's taken Lexie in as her student. And besides, me and your sister got on great last time we spoke" Meredith smiled. Derek laughed a little, "well don't let her brainwash you" he said. Meredith frowned, "why?" She asked. Derek reciprocated the shrug. "No reason, she just puts ideas in peoples heads" Derek smiled before reaching into his pocket and pulling out $20 before handing it to her. "All buy yourselves a coffee or something" he said before she could respond. He smiled and nodded at her before walking into his trailer.

Meredith got in her car and drove straight to Lexie's where she saw them both stood outside. They all piled into her car and drove straight to the mall.

"So where's the first stop then?" Lexie looked to the two in the front seat. "Food!" They all exclaimed and laughed as they talked the whole drive into Seattle. "So how you feeling this morning, Mer" Lexie asked. "Rough. I'd feel better if I could remember anything. I don't know who this Mark guy is, apparently a vomited, apparently a cried, apparently i told Derek about my parents divorce, and I have no memory of any of it though. Derek just kept it pretty vague this morning" Meredith shrugged as they pulled into the parking lot. "What you mean Derek kept it vague? Did you go to see him already? I woke up to like 5 missed calls off him and I never heard back" Amelia asked as they all got out the car. "No I was at his trailer last night and he unkindly reminded me this morning" Meredith shrugged but they both turned to her. "You stayed in his trailer last night!" They exclaimed, certainly waking Meredith up.

"Apparently I asked to stay at his trailer. I don't know why, he didn't say much. Nothing happened, I woke up in my vomitty clothes" Meredith explained as they walked into a cafe in the mall. The ladies accepted the explanation as they all sat down for some much needed lunch.

Afterwards they went shopping, something 3 surgeons never got to do. They trawled around Victoria Secret and scanned the hangers. "Do you ever feel like you're so invested in being a surgeon that you forget you're actually a human? I can't remember the last time I went on a date, or had sex, or even wore cute lingerie" Meredith mumbled as she scanned the racks. Lexie quickly glanced to Amelia and they both nodded knowingly.

"Well just buy some stuff, Mer, and get back to it" Amelia shrugged as she handed Meredith a handful of things. "I'd love to get back to it but your brother took me hostage for the year" Meredith laughed. "Just sneak away or something" Amelia laughed. "Ooo! Make him jealous!" Lexie chimed in. "No! I would actually like to be a neurosurgeon. And Derek isn't allowed to be jealous, I don't belong to him" Meredith shrugged. "You have to admit though, Mer, you're pretty close, and I told you he has the sparkly eyes for you. It would hurt him if you were with someone else, even if you aren't his" Amelia said before walking to the cashier.

"I'm not in love with your brother" Meredith said mattarfactly. There was a long pause. "I saw you two last night out in the rain. I came looking for you and you were crying. And the way he was comforting you, he's in love with you, Meredith. And you scare so easily so I know you won't admit it, but stop saying that you're just colleagues because we know it's not true. I'm your sister, and she's his, and we both can see it." Lexie said as she wrapped her arm around Meredith.

Meredith chose not to say anything. There was nothing to be said. She was falling for Derek Shepherd. And she was too stubborn to admit it. It's just the sparkly eyes. Something still twisted in her gut, something happened last night and suddenly everything felt different.

After a few hours, they'd all opted to go home and Meredith made her way back to the trailer.

"Hey!" Derek smiled as she walked through the door. "Hey" she smiled as she placed her bags down and looked at him as he watched his movie. I wonder if he's a good kisser. I bet he is. I mean look at him. God really does have favourites. Why can't I stop imagining his tongue in my mouth? Oh god, Meredith, Lexie and Amelia were right.

"Meri...Meri!" Derek called to snap her out her trance. "Hmm yeah?" She looked up quickly. "I was asking you if you wanted to take Doc a walk with me" he smiled at her. Oh that smile. Don't smile at me like that Derek because that smile does thing to my body that I can't control.

"Sure, just let me change my shoes" she said before walking to the bedroom and closing the door. She clenched her thighs, hoping to ease the building tension that seemed to be growing by the second.

She took a deep breath to steady her breathing. Shaking her head to shoo away all the dirty thoughts she was having about him right now before walking back out to him and going on their walk.

Screw you Lexie and Amelia.