CHAPTER EIGHT: I LIKE YOU

Start from the beginning

"Shut up I do not." She went back to her same spot to sleep. I kissed her on her forehead. Damn. I'm really falling for shorty.

~ KAYDENCE YOUNG ~

MORNING

I gasped waking up out of Von's grasp. Something isn't right. I can feel it. "What's wrong Kay? You woke up like you saw a ghost or some'." Von muttered in his sleep.

"I need to go."

I tried to climb over him but he held me by my hips. "Von baby I need to go. Something doesn't feel right." I looked down in his eyes. You could tell he didn't want me to go. It's like he was trying to get me to stay.

"This ain't right for you lil' folks? Being here with me isn't right? Is that what tryna' say? Or is it that nigga that's on yo' mind?" He asked. "Von please don't tweak on me right now. Where's my phone? I need to call my sister." I managed to get off him. I grabbed my phone from the nightstand on his side. I cut my phone on to see that I had a lot more missed calls and even messages. Before I looked at the messages I called Kennedi since she was the last person to call me.

She answered at the first ring. "KAYDENCE! Where are you?! I came to your house and it's shot up!" Kennedi rambled fast.

"What?! Slow down Ken slow down! You said my house has been shot up?!"

"YES Kaydence! Somebody shot up your house and even your car has bullet holes! Your neighbor said somebody was after Kyree and he-" I couldn't hear the rest of Kennedi's words because Anye was beeping over.

"Hold on Ken! Anye is on the other line." I told her before clicking over to Anye's call. "Kay! You still with Von?? I need to come get you like now!" She said.

"Yeah just come get me I don't know what's going on. Ken called me screaming about how my house is shot up and then she said something about Kyree. I don't know Anye just come get me." I put my hand on my forehead as I paced around in distress.

"I'm on my way!" Anye said. "Von I don't know what's going on but I don't like this." I shook my head. He got off the bed. "Stop. Stop. Everything is gonna' be alright lil' folks." He pulled me into a hug, and kissed my forehead.

"Kay I'll let you know when I'm outside." Anye said before hanging up the phone. "I hope so." My voice cracked. My body was shaking because of my anger and fear. Who would do some shit like that? I didn't do no harm to anybody on this earth.

It's crazy because shit felt so good last night but how come it doesn't feel right now? "I have to get my stuff and get dressed." I broke out of his arms to get my stuff. I even stole a pair of his sweatpants to put on.

Anye was outside. I rushed downstairs to go. But I didn't even tell Von bye, because this was an emergency. "Bitch! Why you didn't pick up your phone at all last night?! Kennedi even called me and you know she don't even like me!" Anye yelled out the window.

"I know I'm sorry I fell asleep a little early. But take me by my house. I have to see if it's true." I got in the car. But once I sat down I was impatient. My leg shook as I bit my bottom lip anxiously.

Anye sped to my house and it felt like my heart dropped. I seen yellow tape across my house door as if it was a murder scene. I was about to get out of the car but she stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

I snatched my wrist back from her and opened the door. "Look you're not going by yourself. This shit is too dangerous and too hot for you." Anye parked and got out with me. I walked up to my house to see there were bullet holes in my car and my house door.

I walked to my porch to snatch the crime scene tape off of my door. As I looked around I could only see bullet holes going from my kitchen to my backdoor. "What the fuck." Anye said as she observed the house with me.

"I know Kyree ain't get himself into some shit." She muttered. "Speaking of him where the fuck is he at?!" I yelled. I saw a message from his sister, Imani.

Imani
Bitch when I see you its on sight!
Ong on my big brothers grave don't let me catch you!

"What the fuck is she talking about?"

"Who?" Anye asked with her eyebrows furrowed. I instantly called her. "Yo' What the fuck are you even talking about?!"

"Bitch you know exactly what the fuck I'm talking about! My fucking brother on his deathbed because you set him up! On God you did!" She screamed on the phone. "What?! What the fuck you mean he's on his deathbed?! Where is Kyree?!" I yelled on the phone. The phone call disconnected before she could answer me.

Feedback?

I'm just finna eat my popcorn on this chapter 👀 🍿
What's y'all thoughts on it? 👀

- nae 💙