"I am just as much interested in their new letters now. It is a rather radical publication, which is why I seem to like it so much," Eloise counters.

"They have been quite enjoyable to read and debate about," I told her with a smile.

"The apprentice there, Mr. Theo Sharpe–"

"You know his name? Don't think you're getting into dangerous waters? That side of town?"

"We've tried to dissuade her from it," Colin tells her. "Perhaps you can convince her while we are gone today."

"Where are you going? Are you joining the men on the hunt?"

"Len is, I am not. I have decided to pay your cousin a visit, in fact," Colin says, he knows how much most of us disagree on it.

"Miss Thompson? I rather think I am not the only one getting into dangerous waters," Eloise says, snarkily.

"Eloise, Eleanor, Penelope," mama calls. "I think you will find we have much to offer the young ladies today."

"Yes, well, Pen is a young lady, and we do have so much to catch up on, so—"

"Eloise, I hope you will behave yourself this week. We– We are hosts. Perhaps you, your sister, and Penelope might like to spend some time with the other young ladies in attendance. Hmm? Or, at the very least, there will be some good gossip to absorb."

"We'd not dream of doing anything different, Lady Bridgerton," Penelope promises.

"Well, actually, I have already spoken to Anthony about joining them on the hunt. I have my bow at the ready, my horse, and I've worn my riding outfit," I tell her with a proud smile. I'm excited for this. My riding outfit sort of looks like a dress, but it isn't full and I'm wearing pants with it to be able to move better. 

She sighs, "very well, I hope you enjoy yourself with Alex and Alonzo."

"Alonzo's not coming," I tell her. "He's decided to stay back this year to help get things prepared for the ball." More like get closer to Edwina.

"Oh, well in that case, I'll have him help me," she grins. "He is always such a great company."

Benedict came up to mama and I.,"Are you ready to go and grab Anthony for the hunt?"

"Yes, are you?" I ask.

"Yes," nods. "Good day mother." We both nod to her and go to find Anthony sitting with Kate and Edwina.

"Are we all set for the hunt, Brother?" Benedict asks.

"Indeed we are," Anthony says, getting up.

"Kate, tell him how you used to shoot all the time."

"Miss Edwina," Anthony laughs. Oh, is Kate trying to join us. I would love that! I like Kate. She's very smart and can stand up to basically everyone. 

"Kate is being modest," Edwina insists.

"Do you not think it's true?" Kate asks.

"Perhaps your sister aims straight on the field, but surely she would have some trouble managing–" Anthony concurs and I stare at him confused. I look to Benedict and he does too.

"Why would you assume I had any trouble managing at all, my lord?"

"I only mean to say–"

"Because I am a woman?"

"No No. I did not say that." I look at him shocked. He let me join, why not her?

"But you thought it."