Part 2 The Morning

I woke up to my loud alarm beeping continuously. The time was 6:00am. I pushed the covers off of me, stretched, and yawned. I looked over at my bedside table where a picture of me and my mom together. "Mornin' Mom." I said to the picture.

I got on my fuzzy orange slippers and walked downstairs into the kitchen. I look around to see nothing. My dad was still sleeping. I hope he didn't drink anymore than he did last night.

 I looked in the fridge to find nothing good. Just some cabbage and some other rotting fruit. Gross. My stomach rumbles and I know that I can't skip out on breakfast. I quickly ran upstairs and got dressed in some sweat pants and a sweatshirt. Then, I ran downstairs and got on my slip ons, and went out the door. I then saw Nick about to knock. "Uh... Hi. It's me. Nick. You met me yesterday... Um.. anyway-" Nick starts. "Hurry up I gotta go to the store." I say to him. "Why?" He asks. "There's nothing to eat here. How does this guy survive?" I reply. "Oh, You can come over and eat with us." He offers. I tried to tell him that it wasn't necessary but he wouldn't take no for an answer. Finally, after about 5 minutes of arguing, I took the offer and went over to his house.

  It was exactly like mine except for the furniture. As soon as I walked inside the house, I was greeted by Jay. "Hey, it's you. May! Why are you here?" He asks and quickly fixes his bed hair. I laugh and then answer. "Nick invited me to breakfast. I guess you could say it was a date." I said to tease. "Wh-what?" Jay yells, his face getting red.

 I look over to Nick and I see him blush. I just laugh and continue to follow Nick into his dining room. The place is very clean considering it's full of boys. He dishes up some pancakes that were stacked on a plate on the kitchen counter. I sit in one of their wooden dining chairs and before I know it, Nick already has a plate with two pancakes and butter on them in front of my face.

 "I made them." Nick says. I look at his face and I see that he's trying to avoid eye contact. Nick was pretty good looking. He has longish dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes. He also had light freckles on his face. I get this weird feeling whenever I look at him. My stomach starts spinning inside. Almost like there's butterflies or something. But Jay. Oh, Jay. He is cute. He has one of those generic cute guy hairstyles. The one with the little swoop at the front. The color was dark brown and his eyes were the same.

 After eating, I thanked them for breakfast and went back to my house. I then got dressed in my purple frizzy sweater with a white tank top under it, blue skinny jeans, and a blue cap with a diamond on the front. I brushed my hair and teeth and put my hair up in a high ponytail.

 I looked at the clock and I still had about 20 minutes until I had to start walking to school. I had time to have some fun. I grabbed my nerf gun and loaded it with 20 foam bullets, which was the maximum amount. I then walked down the hall very carefully and sneakily into my dad's room. I bet you know what happens next. I attacked him, of course. I used all the bullets and all of them were in perfect places.  Three in the nuts, one in the eye, two in the neck and the rest in the butt.

 I ran out, trying to keep in the burst of laughter that was trying to erupt from my mouth. I then grabbed my purple backpack and went out the door. As soon as I closed the door, I started hysterically laughing. Jay came over and had a worried look on his face. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Haha. Yeah. I'm fine. I just did something funny." I replied and continued laughing.

 "Well, come on, you're going to miss the bus!" Jay said frantically and grabbed my arm, leading me to the bus stop. I then saw Nick sitting on a blue bench. He was holding his cheek. "What's wrong, Nick?" I asked then gently yanked my arm from Jay's grip and walked over to Nick. "Uh... I fell." He replied. He took his hand off of his face and I saw the giant scratch the concrete had made.

 "Aww.. You poor thing." I said then sat on the bench and hugged him."WELL, the bus will be here any minute so keep your eyes PEELED." Jay said with an angry tone. "What's up with you?" I asked with a somewhat sassy tone. "Nothing." Jay said then looked away from me.

 The bus arrived and we all scurried to get our things. We boarded the bus and it was merely empty. "May's sitting with me, right?" Jay said then grabbed my hand. "I don't care." Nick said. "Nick, why don't you ask the bus driver for a band aid. I'm sure she'll give you one." I suggested. Nick then walked over to the bus driver and asked her politely for a band aid. He showed her the scratch then she realized how bad it was. She quickly got out the first aid kit and grabbed a band aid and gave it to Nick.

 Jay and I then sat down and Nick sat down in the seat behind us. "I wonder what it will be like." I said with curiosity. "Horrible. I hate it there." Nick says, looking out the window. "What do you mean?" I asked. "It's nothing. He's just mad that no one really likes him. I sighed and just sat back and tried to enjoy the ride.