Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The day flew past as fast as a hurrying plane whizzes past a lost island. It was all the usual, boring and boring. Ok, so the lessons weren't that boring, but the fact that I was surrounded by tons of desperate people, was. And it's always the same. Some things never change. Most things. We did some tests today and AS ALWAYS, I got 100% in everything. Except for art, in which we didn't do any. Tests, that is. Instead, out teacher decided to make us draw a landscape picture which has anything to do with any type of water. I painted a quiet and peaceful lagoon, just like the one in the jungle which is not far away fro our house. I had to be very detailing with the fish, and careful with the colours, so that you could actually see them. There are all types of fish in the lagoon. I go there every day. Well, almost. It's somewhere that I come to relax, like when i'm mad or angry. Nobody knows about it, but me. I've always gone there, ever since I was 5, which was how old I was when we moved to our awesome house.

Anyways, after school my driver picked me up and took me home. I was so exhausted from sports that I hadn't even bothered to have my daily drink of pure clean healthy water from a very clean lagoon (not the one I was talking about) that is just round our house. Apparently, if you drink it every day, you will live in a good state and health until the age of 100. Or around it, at least. I just sat in the car, listening to the silent music until I had fallen into deep sleep.

Once home, I dragged myself into my bedroom and dropped my stuff onto the floor. When my laptop, which I had left switched on since yesterday, blinked, I walked to it to find a reminder from Josh that tonight's the party. Oh great. Now I have to get ready.

But it would be the perfect place to break up with him. Or not. But that's kind of the point of it. So, yeah. I've had enough of his constant begging for me to go to his apartment to 'have dinner'. His parents are also quite rich (but not as rich as mine!), so he has his own apartment next to his parents. He's almost a year older than me. 10 months, 2 weeks, 4 days. But it's over. Tonight I am officially breaking up with him. And that is final.

Which means I have to look really good.

~~~

I spent about 3 hours getting ready. Tonight, I decided that I can get myself ready, no need for any servants to dress me up. I just went for the casual sexy party look. So, short hot-pink mini-dress, shiny black highs, and black coat. I also painted my nails in a pink colour, with black flowers. Pink eye-shadow, bright pink lipstick, thick black mascara, and lots of blush. I curled my hair, so that it was hanging loose across my empty back.

One look in the mirror and... my eyes popped out of my head. Oh no, now I won't be able to find them. Now I have no more lovely green eyes, just my beautiful self. Could it REALLY be me???

So, in other words, I'm ready to go.

Looking fab. Check. Self-confident. Check. Fashionably late. Check.

Well, it won't be so fashionable if I come when the party finishes. 8:00. Plus, Josh lives a 15 minute ride away, so I'll be 15 minutes late. Brill.

I sat into the black limo, which again, suits my outfit more. The door closed on  me, and the car was off, skidding across the spring leaves that were scattered across the floor. I looked out of the window at the pink petals that were lying low under the fresh trees. There were sweet squirrels jotted around the place, jumping around happily in the moonlit sky. The bright moon hovered above my head like a ghostly galleon tossed upon cloudy seas. Twinkling stars shone down from the night sky, nodding their heads as I passed. Hey, the stars think I look great too! How fab is THAT?!

I stared out at the dark, my eyes slowly trying to close. Oh god, I should've gotten more sleep.

In the blink of an eye,  the fab limo was standing outside Josh's huge mansion. Through the glass walls I could see colourful lights and hundreds of people dancing, grinding. I could even hear the ultra-loud music from where I was standing in the driveway. Baby You're a Firework was playing loudly from inside, which was crowded with people. I could just about make out the garden, where people were sitting on the benches, making out, some pushing each other into the swimming pool, some even swimming in it. 

I quickly walked to the door and knocked on it. Josh opened, but when I entered it was calm, quiet. Not at all the view from outside. Then I realized. Oh, this isn't the living room.

"Hey babe," he said through a drink of beer. I noticed the bottle of beer which was spilling onto his hand. Ewwwwww!

"Hi Josh," I said back, through a sly smile.

 "Come in," he whispered. I only just heard him because you could still king of hear the music playing from inside.

He brought me in by the hand and led me to the dance floor (let's just say his house is HUGE, almost as big as mine). We started dancing to the songs, loud, piercing my ears. Colourful lights were waving about in the air.

Then we walked to the drink bar. Josh convinced me to have a glass of beer. Well, a bottle, but who cares? I agreed. But this time, I will only have ONE. I don not want to repeat that last time I got drunk. Na-ah. No way.

After that, we went back to the dance floor and continued dancing to the music. I waved my hips about sexily, trying to make an impression. I even had another drink. Then another. And one more. And then two more. Oh god, I don't feel that well.

But it's sooo much fun! I continued grinding against him, madly moving my hips to the noise (music, with A LOT of talking). I felt something hard  press against my butt. Oh god, this can't be good. But it's just so fun! Even though I feel like throwing up.

"Wanna go upstairs?!" Josh shouted through the music.

"Sure!" I screamed back. I'm sure I can get some rest there. It will be a lot more quiet and peaceful.

He led my hand upstairs, as my weak body dragged itself behind him. I am now officially tired. And weak. And sick. And all the things you get when you're drunk. Uh oh.

"Want a drink?" Josh asked.

"Nah," I said. No more for tonight.

He came closer to me and wrapped his warm arms around my waist. I looked into his eyes and he brought his lips closer and crushed mine with his heart-warming smile. He really is the best kisser ever.

Before I could come back to my senses, I dropped onto something soft and my eyes flashed open. Oh, it's just a bed. Might as well go to sleep then. I slowly closed my eyes and rested my arms above my head. Then, I felt something pulling at my dress. In the blink of an eye, I realised that my dress was lying on the floor and all that was hanging on me was my white underwear (and bra). My eyes clicked open, to realise that Josh was lying on top of me, wearing nothing but his boxers. I could see the wide grin that was spread across his beautiful face.

I smiled back.

Something tugged at my underwear...