Switching Sides?

Ashley's POV

I looked down and prepared for the worst. “So boys, where were you? Skipping lessons like that! Well done Stef, it’s cool of you doing it but weird for new boy. But the thing I don’t understand is, why were you together huh?” There was no reply. Suddenly I heard Stef scream out in pain, I looked up he had kicked Stef. “Answer me!” “No” Stef squeaked out. “Fine. But I did see you two together.” Stef looked in so much pain, I couldn’t take it anymore. “Do you think we’re blind?” I spat “Excuse me?” “We know you seen us” He then walked over and grabbed my face with one hand putting pressure on my cheeks, “Don’t speak to me like that” “Why what you going to do?” “Well I won’t hurt you” “What?” “I’ll hurt him” I tried to show no reaction but the thought of Stef getting hurt, made me scared, my eyes widened giving it away. Elliot let out a laugh before walking over to Stef, he punched Stef in the face, “NO!” I cried. I tried getting out of the gang’s grip. “Name?” “Ashley” “Oh yeah... well Ashley, you are going to watch your lover boy in pain.” “He’s not my lover boy! I’m not gay!” “Sure” “Why are you homophobic? Holding back your own secret? Stef’s gay, I bet if the rest of the school knew they wouldn’t care.” Stef looked me in the eye as if to say stop but I wasn’t going to give up.  “Elliot I wouldn’t be surprised if you were in fact gay. You go on like it’s the worst thing in the world, you use Stef because he’s gay, you are protective over him then if you want to know where he is, he hasn’t got nothing on you so what are you afraid of then?” “He would run” “So what? Why do you need him?” No answer. “Thought so. Then why are you beating him?” “Because it hurts you and I know it does, it shows you feel something for him” “But why can’t we do this man to man, just be and you” “No ash!” Stef cried, he got another kick sending him down on his side, “Shut it” I closed my eyes as it happened before looking at Elliot “What do you say then?” “I would but this is more fun.” “Then how do I get Stef out- wait. I’ll help you” “What?” “I don’t feel anything for him, he’s not anything to me. Then why can’t I help you?”  “Show me what you got” Elliot gave a nod so the boys holding me back let me go. I stood and stretched before crouching beside Stef. He looked at me with pain which made my heart break, “Improvise” I whispered I gave him a reassuring look before getting up and going behind him. “Them two out” I nodded at the boys who were holding me back before, “Why?” “Well I don’t want him to be embarrassed and mocked in front of so many.” “Fine” The boys then left, just me, Stef and Elliot.

I nudged Stef’s back with my foot as if to tell him to be ready.  I threw my foot, making it look like I was kicking him hard but instead I was just tapping his back, Stef reacted by moving forward and screaming. I looked up at Elliot, “Not too bad!” He believed it, yes! I think took a step over Stef and over to Elliot. I wiped my mouth, “Thanks” Elliot then walked over and started beating him, “Gunna take a piss two secs” He laughed “Right” I went into one of the cubicles and silently broke off the seat, things were desperate. I held it tight as I peered out, Elliot was crouching beside Stef shouting at him. I crept over, lifted my hands in the air, Stefs eyes looked up, making Elliot turn but by the time he looked round I had already hit him, making his head smash against the sink. I hit him a few more times before he looked passed out. I dropped the seat and got down to Stef’s height. “Don’t hurt me, please” Stef cried. “No! No! Stef I was acting, I’m not going to hurt you!” “Then why did you...” Stef got into such a panic he passed out. I sighed and lifted Stef up carefully. I put him over my shoulder and walked out. It’s kind of good he was out otherwise I’m sure he would be screaming in pain. I grabbed our bags and balanced myself before leaving the school unnoticed.