Chapter 85 : Alliance

Start from the beginning

Kiyotaka pointed towards Hashimoto, immediately causing the blonde haired boy in sputter in surprise before he let out a small smirk.

"Of course, how can I not praise Hashimoto-kun .... He did a fantastic job, after all."

"Hehe, it was nothing at all. Thank you for your kind words, princess."

"No no, the one who should be thankful, is me. After all, even after seeing my weakness, you placed your trust in me and did this much work, just so I could take the throne from Katsuragi-kun. If someone should be grateful, it should be me."

While Hashimoto and Sakayanagi were talking with another, Kiyotaka sat beside Kamuro, who was fiddling with her phone while wearing a scowl on her face.

"Jealous that the Snake is getting praised by your leader and not you?"

All he received in response was a smalll scoff as Kamuro dropped her phone on the bed, before side glancing at the brown haired boy, as she whispered in a low voice not wanting Sakayangi to hear her words.

"Jealous? Bitch please. I would rather kill myself than be chummy with that rotten hearted bitch. That stupid snake doesn't even realise that the 'loli' is just emotionally manipulating him in order to keep a leash on him.

She realised that just getting hold on someone's secret is not enough to keep them in check. So she is now trying to sweet-talk him into loyalty. And the simp over there is just further falling into her trap as she strokes his ego time and time again with her 'pleasant' praise."

"I don't think that's the case though."

"Huh?! What do you mean?"

Kamuro narrowed her eyes in confusion, as Kiyotaka continued all the while keeping his gaze on the figure of Hashimoto who was happily receiving all the praise, Sakayanagi was dushing towards him.

"From the times I talked with him, and the way he talks and acts, I can say one thing. Hashimoto is anything but a gullible guy. In my opinion, he also knows that Sakayanagi is manipulating him, but he is playing along with it, since he knows that Sakayanagi is someone superior to him, and trusting on her would give him a ticket to victory. Hashimoto is a shrewd and selfish person. In order to trap him, just sweet talking won't be enough."

"I see. How can you assess more of his character than his own classmates, by the way? What kind of freak are you?"

"Hey now ... that's just mean. All it takes is a good eye and having some experience on reading people."

"Well, whatever."

"What a way to kill the conversation. Congratulations."

"Not like you could've carried the convo on your own. Also I don't want to be caught by the damn loli again."

Taking his eyes off the beautiful purple head, Kiyotaka then directed his gaze back towards his phone as his eyes met Sakayanagi's, as she gave him a small smile.

"What is it, Ayanokouji-kun? Do you have something to say?"

"I would like to know why did you call me to partake in the discussions between you and your subordinates."

Kamuro immediately clicked her tongue in annoyance at being called the subordinate of Arisu, whereas the lilac haired girl just giggled at her pawn's frustration, like the absolute sadist she was.

"First of all, I mainly called you here to congratulate you on that incredible victory. However, my main motive was to form a temporary alliance, Ayanokouji-kun. What do you say?"

Kiyotaka raised his eyebrows in curiosity for a second, before his stoic expression returned back to it's former shelf.

"Alliance huh? But didn't you want to compete against me? Don't think I didn't notice the texts where you wrote 'I'll defeat you' during late night, but deleted them in a second. Nothing gets past me."