The Training Begins

Yuji flopped and rolled onto the ground. He sat back up, "That's not fair! You used your cursed technique!"

I chuckled at his frustration. "You'll have to know how to maneuver your way around those with a cursed technique. Especially one that's as unpredictable as mine."

Yuji crossed his arms and groaned, "I guess you're right. If this is what it takes to get stronger."

"We can take a short break," I offer. I grabbed two water bottles and handed one to Yuji as I sat next to him.

I take a sip from my water bottle. "I met with your classmates today, Fushiguro-kun and Kugisaki."

"Oh really? How are they? I know I messed up Fushiguro pretty bad."

"They seem to be well. They're pretty determined to get stronger for the exchange event. Seems like they have a similar goal as you," I say.

Yuji drank from his water. "Sasaki-sensei, what made you want to become a jujutsu sorcerer?"

"Well, I was in my third-year of highschool when a cursed spirit killed my parents. I was recruited by Gojo-sensei after he saved me. That was also the first time I had used my cursed technique. Gojo could sense the residuals that I had left behind after activating it."

Yuji looked at me with sadness in his eyes. "I'm sorry. My parents died when I was really young. I don't really remember them so I can't say that I know how you must feel."

"It's alright. It's what gave me the motivation to become a sorcerer. I want to prevent others from having to go through the same thing. Whoever it may be."

It's been a while now since I've lost my parents. The memory still makes me sad but I don't feel the need to cry about it anymore.

I turned to Yuji and returned his question. "So what made you want to be a jujutsu sorcerer?"

"Well recently, my grandpa died. His dying wish for me to save a lot of people," Yuji said.

"That sounds like a troublesome wish," I respond.

"Tell me about it!" Yuji said as he scratched the back of his head. "And if I'm going to die I might as well eat all of Sukuna's fingers before they end up hurting more people. I want others to have a proper death."

I rested my head on my hand and smiled. The more I work with Yuji the more I understand why Gojo is going through these extrordinary lengths to keep him alive. He really is a good kid. I hope he stays this way. The life of a sorcerer is not an easy one.

Just then Gojo had walked into the gym. He was wearing sweats and long sleeve black shirt instead of his usual uniform. He was also wearing his sunglasses instead of his blindfold. I don't know if I'll be able to look at him directly.

"Yo, how's the training going?" Gojo asked.

"It's going well we were just taking a break since I kicked Itadori's butt." I manage a joke so that he won't notice that I'm avoiding eye contact with him.

Gojo laughed and said, "Alright Yuji-kun let's see what you got so far."

Yuji stood up and took a deep breath. He widened his stance and punched Gojo's hand.

"Hmmm," Gojo starts to say. "It seems your cursed energy can't keep up with your explosive power. You're still not good at amasing cursed energy, so it tends to lag behind. That actually creates an irregular flow of cursed energy. The moment after your fist strikes, your cursed energy slams in. In other words, you're creating two impacts with every strike."

"Looks like you've got a cursed technique Yuji-kun!" I chime in excitedly.

"So cool!!!" He yelled out.