your return

I was on the train heading back to my old high school, Tokyo Metropolitan Curse Technical school

I was on the train heading back to my old high school, Tokyo Metropolitan Curse Technical school. The last time I visited my high school was about a year ago during the night parade of a hundred demons. Normally, I'm occupied with missions due to being a grade 1 sorcerer. I rarely get time to visit the school.

My reason for coming back is because my first year teacher, Gojo Satoru, called and requested for me to help keep an eye on a first year student.

Gojo-sensei mentioned that the first year, Itadori Yuji, had swallowed a special grade curse object and is now the vessel for Sukuna Ryomen. Itadori had been set for execution as a result. "I have postponed his execution date for now," Gojo-sensei said to me. He explained the deal made with Itadori to consume all 20 of Sukuna's fingers before being executed.

I couldn't help but wonder how can someone survive swallowing a cursed object and still be in complete control of their own body. I sigh as I sit back in my seat and stare out the window. The sun was out. Looks like it'll be a hot day.

I wonder what this Itadori kid is like. Is it even worth keeping him alive as Sukuna's vessel? Gojo-sensei seems to think so. He talked highly about Itadori. "He's a good kid, he's got a kind heart," I remembered him saying to me. I know I can trust Gojo-sensei's word. Well, at least most of the time.

I feel the train coming to a stop as I neared my destination. I grab my luggage and head straight for the exit. Kyotaka Ijichi was waiting for me at the train stop.

"Good evening, (y/n)-san", he greets me.

"Hello Ijichi-san, sorry to keep you waiting," I say to him.

"Oh it's quite alright (y/n)-san", Ijichi muttered nervously. "Gojo-san will be able to explain everything later."

I follow Ijichi to his car. I could sense that something had happened before I arrived. "I can put your suitcase in the trunk for you (y/n)-san", offers Ijichi.

"Oh no it's fine I can put it away myself Ijichi."

Ijichi continues to persists, "oh its quite alright (y/n)."

I allow Ijichi to put my suitcase away as I take a seat in the back of the car. He seems stressed. Ijichi gets into the driver's seat and starts driving towards the school. I lean my elbow on the window edge as I rest my head into my hand. I stare out the window and let my thoughts wander.

"Is everything alright (y/n)-san?" I look to Ijichi from the window.

"Yes Ijichi-san, it's just been a while since then last time I was at the school," I say to him. "I guess I'm just a little nervous to meet with Gojo-sensei...and Sukuna's vessel of course!"

_______________________________________

We arrive at the school. Ijichi helps me with my bags and we enter through the doors. I see Principle Yaga Massamichi. "Hello (y/n), what brings you back to the school?"

"Good afternoon Principle Yaga, Gojo-sensei requested I help train the first year's," I answered as I try to keep myself from acting somewhat suspicious.

Yaga glares at me as he cups his hand on his chin. I try to not look nervous. Yaga finally answers, "Very well, but don't allow Gojo to slack off!"

I let out a nervous laugh. "Yes, I will make sure of that."

We walk through the hallways as we make our way to the dorms. When I see my room I turn to thank Ijichi-san for helping with my luggage. "It's no problem at all (y/n)-san. You should give Gojo-san a call as soon as you can," suggested Ijichi.

I let Ijichi know I will give Gojo-sensei a call before saying farewell to him. I entered my old room. I sigh as my head is flooded with memories of being a student.

I bring out my phone. I nervously dial Gojo-sensei's number. Why am I so nervous to call him? As I'm waiting for him to pick up I start to unpack my clothes and things.

I hear Gojo-sensei pick up and say, "Yo (y/n)-san, have you made it back?"

"Yes?, I'm currently in my dorm", I say.

"Well it's almost noon. Let's go grab grab some lunch together"

"Ummm," I could feel my face get hot. Lunch? With Gojo? Alone?!

"C'mon now (y/n) it's been awhile don't you miss your sensei?"

"Huh?! No!" I shouted.

"Aww I'm sad to hear my favorite student didn't miss me at all," Gojo pouted.

I huff in frustration. "Okay just tell me where are we going for lunch," I say through gritted teeth. I could hear Gojo giggling on the line as we discuss which resteraunt to meet at.

"Okay, I'll see you soon, sensei," I say before hanging up.

I decided to finish unpacking my things later. That idiot always gets on my nerves so easily. But....I'm so excited to see him again.

Author's note:

I hope that you all enjoyed the chapter. The art I added was made by me so I hope you all like it! I'm totally open to any suggestions and requests. Anyways thanks for reading and I should have another chapter out soon!