Junko Enoshima: Part 1

Hey! Before starting this chapter, I wanted to say that there's more plot in this chapter than any other so far. It focuses on what might've happened if Junko had someone who was able to understand her, and how she might've changed because of it. It's a Non-Despair AU.

Also, I've decided to split this into two parts. It just makes more sense that way, since this is the longest chapter I've written. With all of that out of the way, I hope you enjoy it!

Update: As of December 31st, 2022, I have finished rewriting this chapter into its own separate story on my profile. If you're interested in this chapter, and want it to be even more detailed, feel free to check it out!

Your talent

• You are the Ultimate Analyst, just like Junko.

How you met

• The instant your alarm clock started to beep, you were already turning it off, just like every day before this one. You subconsciously knew when it'd ring, and your body was able to wake up right before the alarm went off.

• You made a breakfast that was nutritionally balanced, and you turned on the news. That might seem like an odd thing for a ten year old to do, but you weren't like any other ten year old.

• Your analytical skills were on a level that had never been seen before. You were able to recognize, analyze, and interpret the data of any pattern that you saw. That data would then let you make perfect predictions about different outcomes based on your actions. Those skills gave you the ability to learn anything quickly, it guaranteed success in the future, and it left you with a constant sense of utter boredom.

• When nothing is difficult or challenging, the boredom starts to set in rather quickly. When you realized that you would never be challenged by anything, you also realized that your boredom would be lifelong. To deal with that existential crisis, you chose to use humor as a coping mechanism. You laughed at the absurdity of your life, and you laugh at how some things will never make sense.

• You were listening to the news when you heard something that slightly piqued your interest. There would be a chess tournament at a local park today, and anyone who wanted to play was allowed to enter. You hadn't ever played chess before, but you figured that learning how to play and competing in the tournament would be something to do for the day.

• A few hours later, you had a perfect grasp on the rules of chess. You'd even started coming up with some strategies that you could use during the tournament.

• When you arrived at the park, you saw that there was 16 people there. That was a perfect number for a bracket style tournament. You looked at some of the other competitors, but nobody really caught your eye. When the tournament started, you could tell that your first opponent was too arrogant. They assumed that your moves were pointless, when you were really building toward a strategy that would defeat your opponent. It was over quickly, and you hoped for a tougher opponent in the next round.

• That wish didn't come true. In fact, the next few opponents you faced didn't even come close to challenging you. You started to wonder if you wasted your time by coming to the tournament. Little did you know, your final opponent would give you something that you truly longed for: Hope.

• You sat across from your opponent. She was a girl that seemed about the same age as you, and she was holding a black and white teddy bear. Her blonde hair was in pigtails, and she had bright blue eyes. She introduced herself as Junko Enoshima and extended her hand for a handshake. You returned the handshake, and something told you that Junko was different. You didn't feel like you were able to read her.