ミ★ 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 9 ★彡

Start from the beginning

It worked as a counter-attack because all the ice went straight back to Shoto. It caused a huge gust of icy wind to hit the audience. We just started and I'm already freezing, you thought to yourself. "WOW!! Midoriya stopped Todoroki's attack!" You knew Midoriya couldn't quite control OFA just yet, he must've broken a bone. Shoto pulled the same move he just did, and Midoriya once again used OFA to stop it. And they did it again for the third time. You realized what he was trying to do... Shoto wanted to break all his fingers to prevent Midoriya from being able to attack anymore. You just hope Midoriya realizes that soon if he hasn't already...

At this point, Midoriya has already broken 4 fingers. That's when Shoto started actually coming at him. "Todoroki doesn't recoil from Midoriya's power and gets in close!" Midoriya used OFA again with his previously broken fingers from his other fight. Shoto wasn't giving him an opening and caught Midoriya by his foot. There was an even bigger gust of wind when the green-haired boy made contact with the ice. He must've used his whole arm this time... He can't be that dumb. I feel like he should've caught on to Shoto's plan!

Midoriya's whole arm was broken alongside a few of his fingers, but Shoto didn't have a scratch on him. "Sorry... But thanks Midoriya. My old man's face is clouded over thanks to you. With your arms like that, you can't fight anymore, can you?" You noticed Shoto's right side. The cold must be getting to him. "Let's finish this." He shot what he assumed would've been the final blow, but Midoriya unexpectedly counter-attacked again! Only this time, it was way more powerful. Shoto almost went out of bounds. Midoriya stopped his attack with his already broken finger. You could only imagine the pain he was in. Maybe he can't even feel it due to the adrenaline...

Midoriya seemed to notice the cold was getting to Shoto. "There's a limit to how much cold your body can take, isn't there? And isn't that something you could solve by using the heat from your left side? Everyone's fighting with all they've got... To win and get closer to their dream... To become number one... You want to win with just half your strength?! You haven't put a single scratch on me yet, you know! Come at me with everything you've got!"

Your eyes widened, you knew that must've pissed Shoto off. But, you hoped Midoriya's words would reach him. If he wouldn't listen to you, maybe he would listen to Midoriya. Shoto began to run straight for his opponent, but his movements were slow. His ice is most definitely taking effect now. Midoriya hit Shoto right in the gut, which sent him flying, but not without freezing Midoriyas forearm. His ice wasn't shooting as fast, the green-haired boy was actually able to dodge it.

Midoriya was being reckless. You began to worry. Sure, Recovery Girl could heal him, but she won't always be there to help. The boys were just going at each other. One attack after the other. They were only making things worse for each other. Midoriya was injuring himself, even more, and Shoto was only freezing himself even more. At this rate, it can't be good for either of them. Their bodies could only handle so much. "Why...Why are you going so far?"

"Because I want to live up to everyone's expectations..." Both of their movements were sluggish. Midoriya was once again heading for Shoto head-on. "I want to be able to smile... and respond to them... To be a cool hero... That's what I want to be!" Shoto seemed to have gotten distracted, "That's why...!" Midoriya landed another gut punch on the icy boy. "Everyone's giving it their all! There's no way I can know all of your circumstances or your resolve. But for you to become number one without giving it your all, to completely reject your father... Right now, I think you should stop screwing around!"

His ice was completely covering his entire right side, and at a fast pace. Midoriya landed another blow on Shoto, he didn't even try to block it. Shoto began to think of his childhood, his mother, his siblings... and you. "It's your power, isn't it?!" Your eyes widened, you were just hoping his words would have an effect on Shoto.