t w e n t y - f o u r

Sunday 9th July 2024

Lucia Quinn

After Max qualified Pole position yesterday afternoon, we were able to sneak away from track early and go back to Max's house for a evening in.

"No orange today Cia?" Max asked as I walked down the stairs "Nope, sorry Maxy" I replied as Max faked a frown at me.

"Ready for your home race?" I asked as I picked up my handbag "You bet, and if I win you're coming up on the podium with me" Max handed me my sunglasses before I opened the front door "No way Max. Take Christian up there! I've lifted the constructors trophy way too many times this season" I replied as we walked to the car "Maybe. But don't be surprised if I drag you up there" Max grinned.

===

Arriving at the paddock, all eyes were on Max. He was the man of the weekend. The man EVERYONE wanted to win.

"Max! Lucia!" They all yelled, however neither one of us stopping as it was race day and we needed full focus. Walking alongside Max, we entered the Red Bull hospitality and made a b-line to his drivers room.

"Are you excited Maxy?" I asked as he embraced me in a hug as soon as the door had shut "You bet sweetheart" Max replied, kissing me between the words "Good, I'm glad" I smiled kissing him after and Max picked me up and took me over to the sofa.

===

"And it's lights out and away we go here in Zandvoort"
"Max Verstappen gets away perfectly, Lucia must be pleased with that"

"Well done Max, good start let's keep our head down for the rest of the race" I radioed "You got it Quinny" Max replied and then gained an even bigger gap to Leclerc and Hamilton.

===

"Box, box Max. Box, box" I radioed "Ok, understood" Max replied and then I watched the screen which showed his Red Bull driving down the pit lane. Spinning round on my chair, I watched as the mechanics unbolted the old wheels and then place the new ones on in all under 3 seconds. "Well done boys, nicely done" I pressed the button so I could just speak to the mechanics which earned me a thumbs up from almost everyone.

Max Verstappen

Tearing round the last corner, I crossed the line P1. After a race that couldn't have gone more perfect, I started 1st and ended 1st.

Parking my car in the P1 spot, I unbuckled my seatbelt and jumped out my car, standing on the front so the fans could see me and I could see them.

Quickly getting down, I ran to my team and celebrated with them before letting go and moving over to my left to hug Lucia. "Well done Maxy! It was an amazing drive" She beamed as I hugged her "Thank you Cia. Having an amazing Racing Engineer really helps" I winked as I released her and she giggled "Now come on, you're coming up on the podium" I then hauled her over the barrier as she was enclosed in by a sea of people. "MAX!" She laughed "What? You were stuck. It was the only way" I shrugged and she lightly shoved my arm "I'll see you in the drivers room" She said before departing from me and then walked into the building.

Getting weighed and then having my post race win interview, I waved one last time to the fans and then made my way up to the drivers room where Lucia, Lewis and Charles were waiting.

Turning the corner to find my girlfriend sitting in the middle seat with both Hamilton and Leclerc looking straight at her as she spoke, I instantly went over there to interrupt and gain her attention.

"What happened to Carlos?" I asked Charles as I was pretty sure Carlos was behind me for a while "He got a puncture and then the pit stop was shocking so he crossed the line P5" Charles replied and I nodded.

Getting ready for the podium, Charles was called out then Lewis and then I was, leaving Lucia to be called out just after me.

Once the announcer called out Red Bull, Lucia walked out and went to stand on the end podium, next to Charles. Sparking a ping of jealousy as Charles jumped down of his P2 place and then held out his hand to help Lucia up. My eyes lucky didn't burn a hole in the back of the Ferrari drivers head, my molars grated together and I teared my head away and I look straight out over to the fans.

Standing through the national anthems and receiving my trophy, we were finally able to spray the champagne and I went straight for Lucia, unsurprisingly so did Hamilton and Leclerc. By the time the champagne had stopped spraying Lewis' and Charles' bottles had also finished so it was time for a picture.

Standing up on the P1 podium I guided Lucia up before either of the other drivers had a chance to stand in between Lucia and I.

Wrapping my arm round Lucia on my right and then Lewis on my left, Charles wrapped his arm round Lucia too.

Careful Charles, you're touching what's mine. I side eyed him, making sure his hands don't go down any lower than they already were.

👤 maxverstappen1
📍Zandvoort

👤 maxverstappen1 📍Zandvoort

•.

.•

Liked by luciaquinn, redbullracing and 729,467 others
maxverstappen1  A  H O M E  W I N 🧡🦁

View all 9,406 comments

__

luciaquinn
3 hours ago

luciaquinn 3 hours ago

Viewed by 28,046
__