Chapter 5: A New Day

It was 7:00 A.M, morning in Old London. Iris was still asleep in her comfortable bed. Not even a sound will wake her up. Well...only just one as the door was opened by someone. "Good morning~" Iris woke up by the voice. She yawned to wake up.

The man came into her room with a sweet smile on his face. "Who are you?" Iris asked the man. The man had brought a plate of toast in his hands. "I am your uncle, Leighton Doddle. It is such an honor to meet you." He said, "Here's your breakfast, I made it just for you." He sets the plate down on her bed. Iris takes a slice of toast, and takes a bite from it. "It tastes...so good!" Iris said.

Mr. Doddle chuckled in happiness. "That really means a lot, Iris." He says, "But once you're done with your toast, get yourself ready. Henry is downstairs waiting for you." He then exits out of the room. Iris finishes her toast, and sets the plate on the little stand beside her bed. She gets dressed in her new clothing. She goes downstairs, and sees her uncle in his unique gentleman's clothing. A warm smile appeared in his face.

"Oh Iris, you look so beautiful as ever." He spoke. "Are you ready to go out?" She nodded. Jekyll opens the doors of the entrance and closes it behind them as they stepped outside. They went down the steps and on the nice road of the streets of Old London. Jekyll gets down and starts to put Íris's hair up in a side pigtail. "There, that should do the trick" he says, and gets back on his feet standing up. He shows his hand to her, "Care to hold my hand?" Iris held his hand, as if saying yes.
They start to walk on the sidewalk. A nice sunny day fills the street of the town. "Where are we going?" Iris questioned her uncle. "To the theater, dear Iris. I want to show you something you have never seen before." He replied.

"They thought me MAD! I'll show them all who's mad! I'll show them all!!" The actor as Frankenstein laughed in insanity. Iris and Jekyll were sitting at the top balcony seats. Iris seemed confused. "So, how is it?" Jekyll asks her. "It's...strange...and bad, uncle." Iris replied. "I was hoping you would say that."

"Uncle Henry." "Hm? What is it?" He questioned. "Who is Frankenstein?" She replied. "Aunt Virginia told me that Frankenstein use to stay here at The Society when she wasn't well." Jekyll smiled, "Victoria Frankenstein was the most famous scientist ever in England. She was my inspiration. To the point she was in The Society along with her creature. She was sick as you always think. However, she was rebellious. She tried escaping, but failed miserably. Thankfully she felt better after a couple of days, and she and her creature were ready to leave. This, however, is like they made a new story. You see, they didn't make things right in this play. All they want is for people to think science makes people mad. But they do not realize that science makes the future." Jekyll turns to her. "I really want you to not fear science, dear." Iris smiles.

"Have you been homeschooled by your mother?" Jekyll questions. "My mommy has. She taught me things to expand my mind." Iris answered. "Well, I decided that me and the rest of the lodgers should homeschool you." Iris was surprised." "We want you to expand your mind more and let you understand the world more often." Iris hugs him. It was as if her life was being remade. The play was already over, and roars of clapping came without a surprise.

Outside in Old London, thousands of people came out of the theater, along with Jekyll and Iris. They walk around the shops and stores. Full of happy salespeople. They stop. "Now Iris, I'm going to the market to pick up some stuff. I want you to wait here for me, okay?" Jekyll says. But Iris became confused. "Why can't I come in with you?" "There are sometimes bad people in this world. And I don't want you experience it and let it affect you so badly." He speaks. "There's a bench not far away. Why don't you sit there, while I go to the market." "Okay Uncle Henry." She says. As he walks to the market, he says, "I promise I won't be in so long!"