Chapter 4: A New Place to Call Home

"There, good as you've ever been." Virginia confidently said. She just done Iris's new clothes and put them on her. "How do you feel? Not uncomfortable I hope." She asks. Iris took a look in the mirror and examined her new dress. She moved left and right, to let the dress twirl. "I look so beautiful, Aunt Virginia!" She exclaimed as she turned to her in excitement.

Virginia sighed in relief, "What a relief from you. I guess I must've improved more with my technique in clothing. But are you sure it's not too tight?" "Positive, Aunt Virginia." Iris replied. Not even regretting the decision.

"Perfect!" She exclaimed. "Now Iris, would you mind if I show you around?" Iris's eyes gleamed with excitement. She nodded and hugged Virginia. That gave her a slight of shock. But gave in to the hug.

"Are you sure this will work, Henry?" Lanyon asked. "I'm positive." Jekyll replied, "I can't just let her be miserable on the streets. That would make him very unpleased." "And so what? She could cause even more problems since the last time in the past 7 years. You let the exhibition into chaos, and that hasn't let you stop this Society!" Lanyon slammed his hand on the desk. "WHAT IS MAKING YOU KEEP MOVING FORWARD!?" He demanded. Lanyon was talking to Jekyll about the situation in Jekyll's office.

Jekyll sighed, "Oh, Robert...I know it may displease you. But I know that my fellow lodgers have been counting on me as I counted on them. I can't fail on them as much as I failed on myself. I know this may sound a bit more...confusing. But I need you to be a part of her life."

"And why? Do you want me to just be nothing more than a babysitter?" Lanyon asked. "Well...it's like that in a way. But I want you to be more then a babysitter." Lanyon was confused. What will Jekyll say next? "I want you, to be one of her uncles'."

That made Lanyon's heart feel like it was blooming like a flower. "You....You have got to be making some sort of trick. Right?" "This is not something I would make up. I want you to help her with the challenges she must and might face. Please Robert. Do it not just for me, but for Rachel." Jekyll shows his hand out to Lanyon. He wanted him to at least to do this for their fallen friend.

So...Robert held Jekyll's hand in agreement. He knew that if he left without spending time with her, it would make his friend unhappy. "If you say so. Then I'll be her uncle." He replied. Jekyll hugs him in happiness. "Oh Robert, I knew I could trust you!" He said.

"And this is where when we have our patients, we keep them here for their rest in the attic. Until Dr Jekyll helps them feel better with medicine and alchemy." Virginia showed Iris a room where Dr Frankenstein use to stay in. "Wow...." "Also, this is where the famous Dr Frankenstein use to stay when she got sick. So if you get sick, you know which room to go to." Virginia finished.

"So, how about some tea?" Virginia asked, "Sure, I'd like some." Iris replied. "I'm sorry, but tea would have to wait until tomorrow." Someone replied.

"Oh Robert! What a surprise." Virginia said. "Robert? Is that your name?" Iris questioned. "Why yes, dear Iris. I suppose-" he stopped when he sees her messy hair. "Oh gods." He walks closer and looks at her hair in disgust. "Look at your hair! It's in catastrophe!" Robert grabs her hand. "Come, let's get your hair nice and clean." "Okay, bye Aunt Virginia!" She said as walked away with Robert.

Jekyll looks at the letter while sitting on Iris's bed. It must've brought him in devastation. How could this have happen? She was 32, just about his age. How could a dactor handle this? "Rachel...you knew you couldn't make it. If only you didn't live in the forest for 7 years, none of this would have happen. And Jasper..." Jekyll sighs, "You my friend had suffered the same fate as well. Where will your creatures go without a caretaker?" He sighs "I guess we have no choice but to set them free."