Hold me

Warnings: Angst, fluff

I cried silently as I stared at the wall ahead rethinking my life up till now and how much of this I didn't want.

Sarah lay asleep soundly behind me, my mind wouldn't stop. I was only 17 when I had Cassiopeia and only four years later came Luke then the other three whom I all loved dearly.

I cried a little harder knowing that I was 36 had five children a career and although it might not sound bad. I had a wife who I felt was no longer attracted to me although she might love me she just wasn't in love with me.

I had wasted countless years being a mother and wife as if I were some robot, Cassiopeia had just moved out with her boyfriend at 19. Luke my baby was growing quickly he was now 15, Rhiannon turned 13 last week and the twins my last babies were turning nine.

I felt Sarah shift but I stayed still, almost. Almost but my body trembled as a small sob escaped my lips. Slowly arms wrapped themselves around my waist grounding me in place.

I ran my fingers over her arms before entwining our hands "I love you" I whispered into the silence hoping that she had heard me.

Her phone had begun to ring making her let go of me quickly turning to answer the call "good morning" "of course" "good" "how are you" "I'll be there" Sarah laughed lightly as she faced me kissing my cheek.

"That was Ryan, I'm needed on set. I'll see you later" was all she said before quickly getting ready and leaving. I sighed sadly as I closed my eyes hearing the patter of the twin's feet coming towards my bedroom.

Unexpectedly I heard Luke "shh. Come here let momma sleep alright? I'll make breakfast" he spoke quietly yet clearly as he led them downstairs.

I thanked him mentally before I got ready for my day picking out a simple outfit.

Then joining the children currently eating breakfast, catching their attention when I sat down at the table

Then joining the children currently eating breakfast, catching their attention when I sat down at the table. Clearing my throat "I was thinking... how about we go see Uncle Mick today?" I asked softly leaning over to wipe Isaacs's small chin.

I smiled as I watched the kids who were slowly slipping through my fingers as they grew so quickly.

I regretted deeply how much time I had flaked out on with them before I had gotten over my silent resentment.

The twins pushed one another up the stairs in their little competition while Rhiannon smiled softly before following after them.

Luke placed his hand on my shoulder "it's okay" he nodded reassuringly, I pulled him into my arms hugging him tightly "thank you, love" I kissed his temple letting go.

Soon enough all the children were ready to leave piling into the car, the journey to Mick's was everything besides peaceful.

The kids ran off as soon as we parked up to go play I hadn't noticed the small blonde that had also been visiting.

Entering the Kitchen I was engulfed in her warm arms "Beverly!" She squealed excitedly "Stevie?" I asked brightly turning in her arms.

"Oh my gosh. I haven't seen you in years" I whined pulling her closer "ditto" she agreed quietly.

"Hi Beverly, I missed you too. Long time no see" Mick teased sarcastically walking towards us.

I and Stevie broke apart giggling before I threw myself at the older man "Hello uncle Mickey, I missed you" I kissed his cheek.

"Much better Bev" he chuckled letting go of me "times up!" Stevie yelled before grabbing my hand and dragging us towards the living room.

"Tell me everything," she said giddy patting the empty place beside her "there's not much to say" I chuckled sadly.

"I doubt it" Stevie giggled in disbelief "really, there isn't much. I'm a mum to children who I-I didn't want and I hate myself because they're truly amazing kids. And-and I'm a wife to a woman who I'm sure is cheating on me and it sounds sad but I don't blame her" I cried leaning into the blonde.

"Hey hey hey, you're too hard on yourself and I'm not saying she is but if she was she doesn't realise just how much of an amazing woman she is missing out on. Those children love you too bits, sure they may not have been conceived on the best of terms but you have done so amazing and I'm ever so proud of you angel girl"

"Now is there anything I can do for you?" Stevie asked softly.

"Hold me"