“How about sweetie pie?” he asks, following her with a curl of amusement along his lips and a playful glint in his eyes. 

“I think you should give up.” Hyunji deadpans once she sits down and he tsks in disapproval. 

“Every married couple has a pet name, and therefore we need one too. I’ll find one that you’ll love soon, don’t worry, honeybun.” 

She crinkles her nose and watches as he takes a seat next to her. He momentarily pulls out his phone and they both go silent for a few minutes until Hyunji gets the courage to bring up what she had been wanting to for the past few days now. 

Yes they had been planning on getting married, but with how spontaneous they had made everything, she realised that they had never actually talked anything through. What did being Jungkook's wife mean to him? What were his expectations from her, and her from him? There was more to getting married than just getting married. There’s responsibilities, finances, and taking care of each other. 

She always knew that these were important topics to talk about with her future husband, and had been planning to when the time she found someone came around, but with the spontaneity of them getting married now, she realised later that they should probably talk. 

For all she knew, he could force her to be just a housewife. 

Not that Jungkook seemed like that type of guy, but still. 

“Jungkook?” Hyunji calls his name and he hums in return, scrolling through his phone. “Can we talk?” 

Jungkook lifts his eyes from his screen now, shutting off his phone as he curiously gazes at her. 

“About what?” 

“All this. Like how this is going to work out.” 

He looks at her for a moment, twisting his body towards her on the couch, getting comfortable. 

“Wanna be more specific?” 

Hyunji lets out a puff of air. 

“Like our expectations from each other for example. We’re pretty much only getting married to explore our…desires, yet I don’t know what you expect from me, or what me being your wife entails, if that makes sense.” 

Jungkook nods along, listening carefully and thinks about it for a moment. 

“Well,” he begins, “if you think I’m the type of guy to put all the house chores on you, then you’re mistaken, first of all. We’re both studying, and I’m taking up a job here, but we should still split things equally. If you’re comfortable with it, we can open a joined bank account so that we can track our spending and income-” 

“But it’s your money,” Hyunji cuts in for a moment and watches a faint smile spread across his lips. 

“Yes, but I’m working for us. Not just myself. I don’t want to be the guy that gives you a weekly allowance or some shit for you to spend. If we’re living together, and I’m earning money for us, then you have the right to have access to that money too.” 

Hyunji is left surprised with how mature he seemed to be approaching the topic. With how foolish he was at times, just like minutes ago, it was interesting to see his thought process on such a topic. 

And she liked it. 

“Thank you,” she smiles lightly. 

“Don’t thank me,” he chuckles, “I’m just doing what’s right.” 

“Anything else?” 

He thinks for a moment, slightly twisting his lip. 

“Well, I do want to make sure we’re on the same page about something,” he says slowly, and Hyunji tilts her head curiously.