I narrowed my eyes slightly I'm new! Hello I tried getting here on time but the school is just so big!

"I'm sorry I tried being here early but I got lost." I notified her looking at the ground. "I went to the office early to get my time table and directions to the classroom." I dug into my pocket and handed her the note hoping that with what I said she would be nice.

She skimmed over it quickly scowling slightly "I guess you're off the hook for now, but you'd better be here early tomorrow." she handed the note back begrudgingly.

"Stay here until I motion for you to enter." she ordered and turning sharply on her heels to walk the front of the classroom, her high heels clicking on the floor.

She wrote my name on the board before addressing the class "Students, quiet please." she half yelled before regaining her calm demeanor as the students stopped they're whispering.

"Today we are getting a new student" she said before motioning at me, and I walked forward feeling slightly nervous but excited at the same time. "Introduce yourself"

"Hello, my name is Kiara Sasaki, I hope we can all get along well. I'm excited to meet all of you." I said with a bright, but slightly nervous smile.

I looked around the classroom, all of them just regular students my age, Most of the girls looked at me with skeptical looks, but others with kind smiles, The guys.. half of them had a dreamy look on their face. My eyes stopped at one boy that looked, well pretty different than the others.

His hair was spiked almost like a starfish and his hair color was a dark magenta almost red on the edges, with black in the middle and blonde bangs around his face.

He smiled at me happily, I smiled back at his direction.

"You may sit in any empty seat you can find as long as it's no one else sits there" Miss Chouno informed me getting my attention before turning back to the board.

I walked through the isle, everyone looking at me, probably wondering who I would sit with.

There were a few seats around the place even one next to the boy that smiled at me, He looked at me as I approached him. A small voice in my head telling me to sit next to him so, I took the seat next to him. He seemed happy about it so, I decided to talk to him when we have our break.

"Class write this down this will be on a test." the teacher ordered while writing on the board.

I stuck my book bag into the space below the desk and took out my notebook and began writing down the information on the board in it.

The problems on the board were simple since I learned it at home. I was taught by my parents, mostly by private tutors they hired, so they taught me at home until I had the courage to tell them that I wanted to be in a real school. At first, they were reluctant, but accepted it, it wasn't easy though my dad was a bit stubborn at first until I told him the reasons and he accepted.

I paid attention to the class occasionally looking out the window. My eyes shifted to the boy next to me.

-Skip to lunch break-

The loud bell for afternoon break rang, a few Students scrambled to get food to eat, others ran outside to play sports. A few people had offered me to join their group for lunch, mostly boys but I politely declined them telling them that I already brought my lunch and that I wanted to catch up on a few notes.

"Afternoon break, let's play basketball" I heard someone yell from my seat by the window, "I'll wait for the girls".

I looked up closing my notebook, I glanced at the boy next to my desk who was building a card castle. Just as he was about to put another card on his tower another student called him "Hey Yugi!"