Itsuki: Well then, shall we go?

Reito: You can lead the way. After the little scuffle the Spear Hero and I had, I'm not sure whether to trust any of you. I'll give you a chance.

Both of the other heroes nodded as they walked towards Melromarc with the knights around them.

Ahri: Are you sure about this? You that what they tried to do was...

Reito: I know. But I promise I'm not going to let anything happen to you. If they do take you, I'll get you back at any cost.

He kept his eyes peeled for any change in the movement of both the knights and heroes. He kept what Naofumi said about them in the front of his mind. With the setting sun, they walked towards the city.

*TIME SKIP*

When nightfall came, the castle was filled to the max. All who attended were drinking and partying. The three heroes were being praised by everyone in the hall. One hero, in particular, sat in the corner. Just endlessly gazing into the night. Thinking about his encounter with Reito and his job as the fifth hero.

Naofumi: So he's a Samurai-type Hero. He's wiser than the other heroes here.

His thought was broken when the gates opened and he saw a woman with 9 white-colored fox-like tails and ears. Next to her was a young man wearing samurai armor without his mask and helmet.

Naofumi: He actually came. I'll be dammed. It'll be entertaining as hell watching him explain that he's the fifth hero.

Raphtalia: Master Naofumi?

Naofumi: What is it, Raphtalia?

Raphtalia: I was wondering if you would want to eat with me. The food here is really good! You should try it.

Naofumi: No thanks. Don't let me stop you. Enjoy yourself.

Raphtalia: But-

Unfortunately, she was cut off, the doors revealing Reito and Ahri. She was shocked to see them here, along with a few others.

Man: Who is that?

Woman: And why does he have such a beautiful woman with him? His hair is wrong and he's covered in a disgusting outfit. Why does she look happy to be with him?

He got a tick mark on his forehead.

Reito: (Samurai drip is amazing! Better than your lame-ass armor and tunics!)

He thought in his mind. Ahri was starting to freak out a little bit. Her hearing was enhanced, so she could hear everything they were saying.

???: Ah, it seems my guest has finally arrived.

A few guards went ahead and surrounded them with their weapons. When Myne saw them, her eyes went wide. She was about to shout something, but the king had stopped it.

???: Now now, is that a way to treat an honored guest? Put your weapons down. I am King Aultcray of Melromarc, the thirty-second. What is your name?

Reito: I'm Reito Takahasi. I am honored to meet you.

He said as he turned to the king and slightly bowed.

Reito: (Screw this! Why do I have to put on this act?)

Aultcray: I've been informed about your efforts during the wave. The people of Lute speak highly of you and your partner.

He knew what the king was trying to do. He shook his head and looked back at the king.

Reito: You're wrong. I'm not the only one who saved the town. That credit belongs to Naofumi and his accomplice. All I did was slay a few monsters. I know none of you are fond of the Shield Hero, but you have to give credit where credit is due. As a warrior, I cannot take the glory of another man's victory.