While waiting for the five red lights to go out, my brakes were on fire. Yeah, haha, literally. I could see the flames whipping on the left-hand side, but when I unheld the clutch, the flames were gone, and my girl was free to go. I got away quicker than him, and soon I was leading the race. Yes, motherfucker, I thought, haha. He wasn't able to get his position back even though he'd been trying hard, so I won the sprint in front of his home fans and claimed the pole position for the upcoming race.

...

Lewis's POV

When I entered the cooldown room, Max and Valtteri had already been there, waiting for the ceremony.

"Hey, mate, good race," Valtteri congratulated me.

"Thanks," I forced a smile to cover up the disappointment and patted his shoulder.

"Yeah," I heard Verstappen say before he buried his head in a towel.

I couldn't understand it. How could he beat me? Again? It all looked so promising yesterday...
I was wiping the sweat from my forehead when they called us.

"Gentlemen, come with me, please."

We lined up in the hallway in the order we finished the race. Valtteri was called on the podium first since he'd finished third, so we stayed there only with Max. I took a deep breath and prepared myself to go next, but Max's hand prevented me.

"Stay away from her," he hissed into my ear.

I looked at him, puzzled, but before I could say anything, I heard my name from the speakers, and Max let go of me. Was he threatening me? I thought on my way to the podium. That little piece of s...

...

Anna's POV

"Shhh," he shushed me as he pressed his hand over my mouth.

I heard him locking the door of his driver's room behind my back before he crushed his lips against mine.

"Max, you..." I broke the kiss in protest.

"I'm stressed, Anna," he whispered greedily.

I chuckled, "no, you're not, Verstappen," I bit my lower lip sensually, "you should go fuck with your rivals, not with me."

He silenced me with a kiss again.

"I can do both," he grinned as he ran his hands under my dress.

"Don't think too highly of yourself," I whispered against his lips before I gave up. 

"Max? Max, it's time," a loud banging interrupted us.

"Verdomme," Max cursed in a quiet voice.

"You better go," I looked at him from beneath my eyelashes and kissed him one last time before pushing him away.

"Fuck you later," he winked at me from the door and left.

...

Max had a decent start but not as good as the day before, and Lewis was right within him. However, Max withstood the pressure and defended first place going through the second turn. I drove Max's Red Bull forward with my eyes, straight into the Copse corner, one of the critical corners on the Silverstone circuit. Max was ahead, but Lewis tried it on the inside this time, and then...then they made contact.

Max's car was sent flying off into the gravel and landed in the tire barriers at high speed.

My heart stopped beating.