chapter*2

POV [ Sam]

"Do you want something Sam? " Mrs Green asked in a polite tone having grin on her face as she saw I was entering the kitchen "you look pale darling, is everything alright?" she asked with concern.

"Nothing Mrs Green, I'm fine " I sat on seat near island "sitting all day at home gives so much of negativity, specially when there is nobody who does care about or talk to me" I put my both hands crossed on island erecting my body slightly towards it.

"Why do you think so? What happened to you darling? " She came closer and put her hand on my shoulder "I'm always there, if you want to tell something then you can and moreover you husband is there with whom you have to share your life, he will definitely listen to you." she continued as she tapped on my shoulder.

Mrs Green is Ryan's cook. she is in her late fifties, very sweet and caring just like a mother. She is a single mother and has an adopted daughter Eliza. She divorced her husband for cheating on her. Then she decided to adopt a girl child from an orphanage. Her daughter is married now, so she is alone nowadays and stays at Ryan's place in the spare room available for the help... I feel bad for her; it would be good if I could do something for her. But I just can share her problems by listening to her.

"I know, what you should do?" Mrs Green said "You know, you can't stay like this forever, you have to do something to make your life interesting." With that she winked at me. I like her, always caring about others instead of dwelling on her problems.

" but, what can I do? " I asked in confusion.

" darling sitting at home full day will not give you any idea on how to change your life so I have an idea for you to consider" she gave me a look.

" if you are suggesting then definitely, it will be a good thing, so tell me I'll surely consider. " she smiled and  immediately disappeared from the kitchen and reappeared with the same speed with a paper in her hand which she gave me " what is it?" I asked looking at her hands.

"This is my best friend's restaurant, it was the most famous in Texas four years ago but it has lost it's popularity due to some issues. She really wants someone to help her. I wanted to help her but you know my life and age also" she laughed.

"Yes"I confirmed and  we both laughed out loudly" Will she accept my company?" I asked

" 100% sweetheart, You are the sweetest, no one can reject you" she patted on my head.

" thanks " I blushed.

" you can go there tomorrow morning I'll call her, is that OK?"

" yes of course,  Mrs Green that's perfectly OK " I hugged her tightly so as she did to me. Sometimes I feel that god has sent her especially for me.

One more day came to an end but not like every other day. Today I am having a hope that tomorrow will bring something new for me. "Didn't you hear, what I said?" a rash voice dragged me out of thoughts. I got up and came out of my room and saw a very mad Ryan going to his room. Mrs Green was also standing there very quiet.

I went to ask what happened "Is everything Okay Mrs Green? Why was he shouting like that at you? Such a cruel person... "

"He was not shouting at me Sam. He was talking over phone to his PA. He never yells at me, He respects me very much." She tapped on my shoulder. " There might be some work issues, that's why" she told me and left me alone to think.

I felt bad for misjudging him. A part of me was telling me to go and sleep without caring whatever happened to him but the other part was very curious to know what happened to him. Finally the curious part defeated the other part and I went to his room but I remember,  how he was yelling over the phone and I shivered, my knees became weak. I collected all my courage and knocked on the door but there was no answer I knocked again this time I got permission to get in " yes, come in"