2. 𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐘

Start from the beginning

♡-𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐒 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐑-♡

Tossing in my sleep I can hear the faint buzz of my phone ringing, giving myself a second to adjust. I see Ainsley's name pop up on my phone screen.

"Ainsley? Is everything okay-"

"Mr Barber, oh my god I'm so sorry... Please you, you need to come-"

"Woah woah, calm down sweetheart it's okay... what's wrong?"

Choking on her words I could hear how hard she was crying trying to catch her breath.

"It's Jake... he's... he's taken something I don't know what but he isn't responding... Please I swear I only left him alone for an hour or 2. These guys turned up and-"

"Okay calm down Ainsley, I'm coming now. Text me the address."

***

I remember that phone call like it was yesterday. Jacob, Aisnley and I all agreed not to tell Laurie what really happened that night. How Jacob took drugs from these teenage college lads who'd crashed the party. I told Laurie how Jake had drunk too much and needed to get his stomach pumped. I knew Ainsley was not responsible for this at all, it was my idiot son who thought he could handle something more.

"Look Laurie, how about I take them and we set a curfew and I pick them up? That way we know they can't stay later than planned and I can make sure neither get up to any trouble." Sighing she paces the kitchen area a few more moments before reluctantly agreeing.

"Fine. But I swear if either of you pull a stunt like last time then Ainsley cannot stay here this summer." Laurie looks to Aisnley sternly trying to give her the stink eye. I can see her gulp slightly nodding in agreement with my wife.

"You best get ready then." Laurie breaks the silence again. Both teens scurry off in a hurry.

"Was there any need for that?" I hiss at my wife in annoyance.

"Need for what Andy? To give that girl a fair warning. Look she is a lovely girl and I do feel sorry for her but she is a bad influence on our son." I can't help but laugh at her comment, running my hand through my beard. I try to keep level headed.

"What Andy? You can't seriously think that our perfect boy would have made any of those stupid decisions if it wasn't her her."

"Her has a name and as a matter of fact no. If anything, that 'girl' keeps our son out of trouble."

Laughing she shakes her head in disagreement.

"I'm being serious Laurie, so drop this hostile attitude and show Ainsley some respect."

"Andy, the sooner our boy goes to college and finds himself a nice sensible girl... the better. He'll see just how bad she is for him and start fresh."

I look at my wife in disbelief, shocked at the horrible words leaving her mouth about our son's highschool sweetheart. "You're ridiculous Laurie. In fact I'll drop them off at the party and they can stay as long as they want."

"No you agreed a curfew-"

"Only to shut you up." I spit through gritted teeth, trying to keep my voice down so the pair don't hear me from upstairs.

"Aisnley is an amazing girl and our son is lucky to have her. Now play nice, I won't tell you again." Before she can even reply, I walk out the room, before quickly popping my head through the doorframe to speak again.

"Oh and I'll be going to the office after I drop them... Don't wait up." Leaving my wife stunned I go upstairs to get changed into some fresh clothes, knowing it'll be a long night in the office.

"Dad..." I hear Jacob's voice as I head down the hallway to my own room.

"Yeah son?"

"Thanks... I know mom doesn't like Ains..."

"Well I think she's a wonderful girl and you're lucky to have her."

Smiling, I can see my son's cheeks blushing. Turning away I head to my room to get ready. I meant every word I said about Aisnley. She was truly a wonderful girl and was way too good for my son. If anything it made me jealous that he had her. I knew it was wrong but there was just something about that young woman that pulled me in.

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡
a/n: did anyone else pick up on Laurie's dislike for Ainsley??
Sooo will the pair behave at the graduation party??

Hoping you're all liking the story so far! 💖

ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴏᴛᴇ & ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ 💗
ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ 3000 ʟᴜᴄʏ xᴏxᴏ