Tony, the café supervisor walks to us with a bright smile spread across his mouth, revealing a missing tooth. I can guess what he is about to say, he is a Manchester city fan and a football fanatic. Every time we come here when he is around, that is all speaks about.

"Did you see that combination?" He asks.

I shake my head. It had even slipped my mind today there was match. On other regular days, i would watch with Mason and his brother, Tyler.

"That combination of De Bruyne and Haaland is hazard my man. Never been this happy. Whatever you are having, is on me." He continues to grin as Athena looks at him confused.

He glances over at her, "I have seen your picture before," He taps his forehead, thinking, "Mason." he says, "You are his wife." He announces, and she stares down at the table, uncomfortable. When excited, Tony had no boundaries. He would say anything. When angry, he still said anything.

I am surprised that he is capable of stopping when he notes her uneasiness and just reminds us that we can whatever we want as he goes to find someone to serve us. It is past midnight, i understand some workers may be too tired and sleeping at the back.

"He is weird." She says while i am surprised that Mason did show him Athena's photos and even talk about her. He always acted single outside his house.

"I have missed you for some days," I don't realize, Fiona, our favorite waitress is standing in font of us.

I look up and can see the bags under her eyes, they are usually overworked here.

"I have been busy." I lie.

"Mason?" She asks and Athena takes a sharp breath.

"Probably busy too." i say hoping this discussion will end soon. "Can you give us a minute?" i ask her when i note how pale Athena seems.

"Are you okay?" I ask her once Fiona is gone.

"Her name is Fiona, right?" She asks as her eyes seem to be solving a puzzle.

I nod, hoping that will be enough for her to answer me.

"She was one of my husband's mistress." She whispers and i am not surprised.

Mason always openly flirted with her, just didn't think that it would go far.

"Would you like to leave?" I ask her.

She nods, relieved but surprised. And I'm not sure why she gets shocked when I ask her opinion.

I don't even tell Fiona or Tony we are leaving, i am just disappointed that Fiona got involved with Mason despite mentioning severally he was married every time he would comment about their food.

I decide to opt for a second option, a nearby KFC drive thru. Unsure what she likes since her mood has gone from bad to worse. I opt for spicy and another one non spicy.

"He was my friend and i can tell you that you are better off without having to deal with his actions." I say bitterly.

"Did you know about him and Fiona?" She winces and squirm on her seat

i shake my head, "I would never have suspected." I say

"Did you ever suspect him and Esme?" She asks, pouring salt on my wound. The thought makes me feel like piercing a hole through a wall.

I clench my jaw and unclench it.

"Lets make a deal." I say instead.

She turns to me curious, her eyes glistening in the the night.

"Lets make a deal." I repeat hoping, she will let me explain first.

She nods allowing me to explain, " We don't talk about them or think about what they did." She cocks her brows but doesn't speak, "I respect your decision to want to go back to your husband after all of this is over, just promise me one thing?" I say.

She clears her throat, "What?" She cautiously looks up from the ring on her finger to me.

"I want you to make those two months all about what you've always wanted for yourself. Explore everything." I instruct.

She purses her lips, "I promise." in a light, airy voice she speaks after a much consideration.

"Then we've got a deal." I say, And I park outside a dance club.

I pick up the two KFC boxes up, "Spicy or regular chicken?" I inquire, jangling the two boxes.

She frowns for the umpteenth time. "None, i will feel sick after." She says.

"What about fries?" I ask, just as her stomach grumbles. She contemplates for a second. " No salt." she says.

We eat as we share small talks of the things happening around us. The people that stagger past us until we are done though i am convinced the small pieces of fries she ate were not enough to make her full.

"Are you ready to dance?" I ask her.

She nods vehemently surprised how enthusiastic she is. I would never have guessed she loved dancing. I always wanted to try this club but only allow partners or a group. Esme prefers listening to music to dancing.

We get in and it is filled with people who are taking turns on the dance floor.

"What drink can i get you?" I ask.

"I don't drink."

What do you like?" I ask incredulously at how picky she is.

"Drinks make me..." She looks away embarrassed and just never finishes her sentence.

I let the issue go and we weave through the crowd. And she immediately joins the people on the dance floor leaving me to watch. She sways with ease as if the lyrics were designed for her petite body. It not easy especially for me since I haven't done any strenuous physical exercise in a while.

The crowd cheers her on and as I watch her become this free woman I realize that I know nothing about her, the thought scaring me.

Chapter seven is available at inkitt.

Username: ivybrown179

Don't forget to vote.

Thanks.